Questions before first flight....New solo

Reaction score
New to Solo.

Did all setups, software updates ect. Was out at the field doing some preflight checks and have some questions.

1) Condition. Solo on flat surface without props. Start motors. Mode :FLY
Problem? I noticed different motors spooling up and down (usally one or two)..i was expecting this if i tipped
the solo or operated the controller unit but not on flat surface.
Question1: should i be worried?

2) Condition: Solo being carried, no props, motors running , Mode = Fly,
Problem? Motors seemed to randomly shut off. Must start over (new flight) to get motors to start...(ie
Press start to start motors, hold to take off)
Observation: When i turned on voice on my android device it stated "collision detected". Wasn't able to
consistantly tip or bump to definite reproduce. .. There is a utube video in mountainous area
which shows solo power shutoff in flight (the situation i want to avoid)
Question: What parameters are looked at for "collision detected" fault? Is this normal??

3) Condition: Solo motors running without props. Mode Fly, Press to land ....activated.
Problem: I was climbing ladder (altitude going up) and motors shut off after a few seconds.
Question: Is this right?? What controls the auto land??

Any experienced help will be greatly appreciated!

T

If you have done all the App, controller and Solo updates, done your leveling and compass calibrations, then put the props on, place it on level and stable ground, DON'T TOUCH IT AGAIN, wait for a GPS lock and get it to fly using the GPS mode of flight (press and hold FLY to start the motors, press and hold FLY to take off an hover). By handling it or running it with the props off you are confusing the heck out of the computers and sensors and it can't be expected to do anything useful.

The manual has lots of useful information and can lead you through the preparation procedures which would be good to review to make sure you didn't overlook anything.

Last edited:
None of these tests you're doing are valid or reasonable. I get what you're trying to do, and it's not going to work. This is an aircraft, not a handcraft or landcraft. Everything you describe experiencing is what I would expect it to do. You're asking it to detect and respond to things that it isn't supposed to and should ever have to do. Put the propellers on, and fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44