Prop Guards by Polar Pro

Hi Guys,
Well I finally got around in looking at the new Polar prop guards. 2 of the 4 I received are defective fit. The two bad ones contact the prop twice at the leading blade and training blade. The 2 guards that clear the props, don't clear by much. I fear any flex in blade load would cause a strike of the guard. These are not worth the risk. That is my opinion until I get a set that fits better. However, I should not have to mess with it.
I have tried to call them 3 times today no answer. i did send them and email requesting and RMA number for refund.

I'll let everyone know how they handle it.

Hi Guys,
Well I finally got around in looking at the new Polar prop guards. 2 of the 4 I received are defective fit. The two bad ones contact the prop twice at the leading blade and training blade. The 2 guards that clear the props, don't clear by much. I fear any flex in blade load would cause a strike of the guard. These are not worth the risk. That is my opinion until I get a set that fits better. However, I should not have to mess with it.
I have tried to call them 3 times today no answer. i did send them and email requesting and RMA number for refund.

I'll let everyone know how they handle it.[/QU

I emailed <[email protected]> about the same problem and the next day he responded that he was sending replacement guards. It's a difficult design challenge. I'll let you know when they arrive.
Ronbo

If the clearance is that tight, how do they hold up with temp changes and such over time?
Until today, mine has only been flown with the guards indoors. Today weather was clear (not warm) enough to fly outside in the space I typically use for training. It was -4F, with light winds. The PolarPro propguards did not get in the way of the props, but were very useful when a trainee flew into a willow bush.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I did hear back from PolarPro quickly regarding the misfit guards. They are sending a new set. I'll post how they fit once I receive them.

I'm new to the drone world and flying for that matter. I've flown my solo 4 times and crashed twice. I feel like I'm back in school with that average. Both minor mistakes due to my inexperience but cost me props none the less. At $20 bucks Canadian a pair for replacements that I have to order via mail due to my location. I'm hoping the guards protect my props as well as my bank account.

Hi gentlemem,
I am hesitant to purchase the guards, because of the extra weight to be carried, and probably shorting my flight time per battery. Doestrogen any body know about reduced time? If any?

use SHARKPRO for 15% off I just paid 42.49 shipped.. Said the promo code expires in 24 hours..

Can you provide a link? Nothing on Google by that name.
it's on polar pros website. Something popped up on the top for shark tank. I clicked it and it asked for an email. I put in a fake email and hit get code and that's the code it gave me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

anyone have a review of the Polar Pro prop guards?
Thx!

Polar got back to me very fast.

I seems that it issue was operator error (Me That Is!).

I said that the clips were tough to put on - well I didn't put them on correctly and once that was corrected there was no interference with a hand spin.

Going to try a flight to check them under stress.

Just received my prop guards.
They interfere with the rotation of the props - click click click - also the snap on clip that holds them in place is very tight and does not make for easy on/off as advertised.

Contacted Polar for a refund - awaiting there response.

Last edited:
Just received my prop guards.
They interfere with the rotation of the props - click click click - also the snap on clip that holds them in place is very tight and does not make for easy on/off as advertised.

Contacted Polar for a refund - awaiting there response.
I don't like the sound of that [emoji19]

Reactions: Restless Badger
I don't like the sound of that [emoji19]

I said that the clips were tough to put on - well I didn't put them on correctly and once that was corrected there was no interference with a hand spin.

Reactions: prowler9

thanks for the update!!!

Hi Guys,
Well I received my 2nd set of prop guards from PolarPro. If you followed my earlier post, 2 of the 4 guards the props intersected with the the guards....not rubbing. Sad to say that 2 of the 4 replacement set does the same thing. So I have now 4 that work. I will try to use a heat Gun to reshape the bad ones. This appears to be a quality control issue. The plastic is rigid enough that should not flex with prop wash. Hope this helps.

Reactions: prowler9
Hey Guys, The installation of the PropGuards are crucial for them to operate correctly. Here is a quick start guide attached:
If anyone has questions please feel free to email: [email protected] :

Attachments

• PolarPro_PropGuard_Install.pdf
    964.2 KB · Views: 29
I purchased a set of the Polar Pro prop guards, and one of the guards was a poor fit, so I emailed Polar Pro. They replied and shipped a replacement set to Ireland within a few days and now I have a full set of four guards.

Safety has to be a primary consideration at all times, and these guards are an excellent addition to the 3DR Solo drone (they also look cool). I'm sure they will pay for themselves, given time.

The prop guards have 5-6mm clearance from the props and are a solid fit and don't move.

So an excellent addition and great service from Polar Pro.

Be safe and happy landings.

I have had them for 4+ months. Great fitment. I have flew in moderate winds with only a slight change in flight characteristics. On a calm day you wouldn't even know they were on other than the obvious overall appearance of the Solo.

Attachments

• Solo at Work.JPG
    Solo at Work.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 15

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44