Prop Guards by Polar Pro

Reaction score
anyone have a review of the Polar Pro prop guards?
Thx!

Wondering the same thing. Caught by a crosswind during a tight landing & brushed a bush which caused a crash. Doubtful it would have helped, but maybe it could have spared me a prop.

My prop guards don't seem to be an accurate fit. 2 of the blades rub against the guards, so I had to immediately take them off.

Reactions: Cpt Tylor
I just ordered the prop guards today. Will let you know what I experience.

anyone have a review of the Polar Pro prop guards?
Thx!
I have been using twice daily in 3 to 12 knot wind with no decernale .problems , I am attempting to learn how to navigate around various structures and natural obstacles such as tree's and rock formations
And have bumed and nudged these obstacles oa couple of occasions
W/O any mishaps , I did tip it on to its side after bringing it in for a manual landing with great relief and no broken Props ! I am a first time flyer so the added protection seemed to make sense . I am so pleased with the fit and service from this company that I ordered their light set for those low light Dawn / Dusk flights where my depth perception is mildly affected .
Greggee

Reactions: Adimuzio513
The same Beltech1 mentioned, the propellers basically "touch" the guards if they are not installed properly, there is not a locked system to keep the guards without moving in fly, with sharps motions of Solo or crossings winds they might get off from a good alignment therefore causing the propellers to fail and Solo to crash...
These guards have a potential I really like the idea, but the manufactur has to improve the product finding a way to keep the guards safely in place and away from the propellers.

Reactions: Cpt Tylor
The third-party vendors will be trying hard to fill the gap, not always to good effect.....As I said in the other thread....not gonna buy nothing regarding this drone for at least a year.....well maybe some batteries.....and a hard case if they can fit one into the linear inches allowed by airline carry-on, good-luck!!

The third-party vendors will be trying hard to fill the gap, not always to good effect.....As I said in the other thread....not gonna buy nothing regarding this drone for at least a year.....well maybe some batteries.....and a hard case if they can fit one into the linear inches allowed by airline carry-on, good-luck!!
It's not a hard case but the backpack fits in carry on and under airline seats and is nearly as tough as a case. I love mine and was planning on a hard case too, but I'm glad I got the backpack instead. Very well made and short of a highway car crash I can't see solo being hurt inside it no matter what I did with it. Just a thought though.

Just received my Polor prop guards, I have only tried one. Installing the retaining clip seemed very snug, I'll look at all 4 and see if the props hit.
Thanks

I have the same problem and fear. When installing the prop guard, this is a millimeterdistance from propellers. Any false move or blow could generate to break propellers. I'm not so sure about using the prop guards.

I have the same problem and fear. When installing the prop guard, this is a millimeterdistance from propellers. Any false move or blow could generate to break propellers. I'm not so sure about using the prop guards.

I've seen my trainer solo crashed into a brick wall multiple times by various students. None of those impacts have resulted in a damaged prop, FWIW.

The guards are to protect people from the propellers, not the props from stuff.....this ain't no inside flying nano-drone....then it would be the other way around.

The guards are designed to take impact from objects. It's demonstrated in their product video by nudging into a building.

The first time I installed my guards, it did notice very slight rub when installing 2 props. A slight hand adjustment to the level of the guards and all 4 props clear the guards. I completed a test flight for 20 minutes in 15 mph gusts while flying aggressively to try to shift the guards but everything passed with flying colors.

The fit is very snug. Just be conscious of ensuring they are all level by spinning each prop by hand before taking flight. Not just after installing them but after solo is in position to take off. Check one more time if you moved it.

There is a possibility that these are designed to be held in proper level position with the aid of the uniform force of the rotor downwash. Just a thought.

And remember, these are molded plastic. There will be some defects in production. If you can't eliminate rub, exchange them for a second set.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado