Preflight Update with Side Pilot app

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to all this and i apologise in advance if there is a thread on this, if there is I couldn't find it.

I was gifted a 3DR Solo, I have factory reset it and have download the Side Pilot app everything has worked fine right up to preflight update, I can't get past that screen and when i go into solo firmware and attempted to update from there and still no luck, can anybody help me?

Hi geweapon,

I have been struggling with the same issue. I use Side pilot app, I followed every steps found in this forum and even tried removing the memory card, resetting Solo and controller but nothing.

The problem comes from the controller. Tried every thing for hours and it always ends up on preflight update required message. It does not even let me pair it with the Solo. ??

There are some real knowledgeable people on here but none of them respond to me...
Some video on YouTube said you have to turn off your cellular data...
I’m lost as well.
Paid for app and I still can’t get anything going.

I recently moved and found a brand new 3DR I had gotten as a gift from Bestbuy many years ago. I was thrilled to take it out for a flight. The app is gone and I can’t even get it on older devices. I finally got as far as picking up the Side Pilot app but can’t het passed this preflight controller issue. What a bummer this thing is brand new extra battery, blades, and a backpack. My wife went all out if she finds out I never flew this and now I can’t I’m in deep “S”. Hope some one can help!!!!!

Good morning people
Is it possible to mend my solo 3dr battery on my drone

Good morning people
Is it possible to mend my solo 3dr battery on my drone
Please don't hijack threads.

There are many threads on the forum concerning Solo Flight Batteries. Please utilize the search function. If you don't find your answer then I encourage you to ask a detailed question

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc