Preflight Update Mode with Sidepilot?

RSD

Reaction score
New to drones...Our company owns a 3DR drone that was recovered from a terminated employee. Now I am the custodian of the drone.

I did a factory reset on the drone and controller. Sidepilot is installed. Everything seems to be properly connected with Sidepilot on my iphone. I am stuck at the "Preflight Update" screen on the controller. Without the original 3DR software on a connected device, how can I get past this roadblock?

I've seen some similar discussion threads, but no tangible solutions have been provided. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Thanks Bruce. I think I have OpenSolo 4. In SidePilot, I entered the 3DR Solo Setup and added OpenSolo 4 through the 3DR Solo Firmware Update. Not seeing how to do get past the Preflight Update.

I'm not a SidePilot user [my only Apple device is an ipod nano] but I believe you have to kick off installation using a specific screen. Just downloading it to the iDevice is only the first step.

Once you have completed install you'll have bypassed the PreFlight Update screen permanently

Thanks Bruce. I did the install and re-paired the controller and drone. All seems to be working so far. Thanks for your help.

Download the SidePilot manual. The instructions for installing Open Solo 4 are detailed in the manual.

Reactions: Wetstone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo