Polar Pro solo prop guards?

I really like my light bars. They are harder to see at a distance on a bright day, but if I am out that far, I am out too far anyway. They are really cool at dusk and on cloudy days. Currently I am grounded by the weather. Can you believe it? Grounded by rain in Ca.......:rolleyes:
And what about the flight time? Is it affected?

And what about the flight time? Is it affected?
Anything sucking power from and/or adding weight to the Solo will affect flight time. These are LEDs, which are nothing. I don't have them, but I know which ones they are, and it might drain 15-30 seconds of flight time at most. Inconsequential. It depends on whether they are running them at full brightness or not.

Anything sucking power from and/or adding weight to the Solo will affect flight time. These are LEDs, which are nothing. I don't have them, but I know which ones they are, and it might drain 15-30 seconds of flight time at most. Inconsequential. It depends on whether they are running them at full brightness or not.
I know, but there is also some weight, etc.. So I was hoping to see some real-life results.. But thanks for guess..

My flight time has not been affected by the light bars at all. At least no more than my flight time being affected by how I fly, or with a breeze blowing. I can't tell any difference from before, after adding them to my Solo.

So its been about a month. What do you think so far?
For those times where training indoors, they are terrific. Cut the number of broken props by more than half. I have four Solos that I use for training, and the prop guards have saved me/the school quite a bit of expense. I have done a couple of flights outdoors with them, and they haven't impacted battery life nor flight to any measurable degree. One of the MR's had a hard impact with a cinderblock wall inside a building, and while it flipped onto its back and landed same, the guards didn't pop off, props were OK...I'd say they're worth the investment for users that are learning, flying indoors, leafy areas, etc.

Bought the light bars, plugged them in, no lights...is there something else I should be doing?

Just make sure they are plugged in snug, and power on Solo. They should come on. If not, contact PolarPro. They will take care of you. Good luck.

Hi. I'm wondering how/if those light bars would affect the gimbal/Gopro setup and/or wash out the video quality from the front light? Also about the prop guards, I do not see ever using solo inside (Uhm, like good luck when battery runs down and it think it needs to ascend straight into the ceiling before returning home). But the prop guards would give me some extra feeling of security while the Solo is running auto flight routines like the new multipoint cable cam or follow features. It's nice to know that if it bumped a tree or structure during one of those programs that would bounce back instead of shredding a prop and crashing.

I doubt the light bar would affect the video quality at all since it is higher than the lens on the camera, and the light is pointed forward. As for the prop guards, I really can't say because I have never flown with them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44