Plastic cover to do the "cardboard" GPS mod properly

Reaction score
Ian Soler has designed this and put it on his store, it's much better to use this than trying to mod with cardboard as the GPS feedline shouldn't be come in contact with, even with insulating material, so this gives you the 4mm gap (which is the correct distance for the copper shield) and a clean install that won't cause its own problems.

Solo GPS Isolation Plate Mod Kit

If you're having GPS problem 3DR's support will help you out anyway, but I know some people prefer to deal with issues themselves, so it gives you a choice anyway. IMG_6037 (Medium)-500x500.JPG

Last edited:
Ian Soler has designed this and put it on his store, it's much better to use this than trying to mod with cardboard as the GPS feedline shouldn't be come in contact with, even with insulating material, so this gives you the 4mm gap (which is the correct distance for the copper shield) and a clean install that won't cause its own problems.

Damn, already shipped! Now that's fast! I wish you had more things I could order.

Thanks,

Jerry

I think he has the controller legs and lanyard attachment for heavier tablets
looking at those since going to a 9 inch tablet

I did this mod and I can honestly say it helped a lot! I used to wait 10-15 minutes for GPS lock, and sometimes even gave up and went back inside.

With the mod, my longest wait time has been about 5 minutes.

Are these plates still beneficial or has 3DR addressed the issue through recent firmware updates?

Are these plates still beneficial or has 3DR addressed the issue through recent firmware updates?

I use still use it in my Solo. Since installing it, I have been really happy with GPS performance. Waiting for GPS lock totally ruined the experience for me for a while. This mod changed that, without a doubt. And for $15....you can't lose.

I haven't removed it to test the performance or recent firmware updates, but I can tell you that with each update I do notice that I get GPS lock faster and faster. My average wait time at this point is only about a minute at most.

Solo GPS Isolation Plate Mod Kit

If you're having GPS problem 3DR's support will help you out anyway, but I know some people prefer to deal with issues themselves, so it gives you a choice anyway. View attachment 1194
J

Checked IMP and they don't show any of these. Any idea where I can acquire one?

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc