Pixhawk cube rubbing inside solo body

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced or noticed this on their cube? Scuffing on one corner of the cube from rubbing on the inside of the solo shell.

I bought this solo used and have since put strips of moongel to give some separation/protection. Haven't noticed any flight issues before or after.

Thoughts?
73acc40a2bc667e3615335857e944392.jpg
8a8763c1af60faf1c09125df5b4bbfc1.jpg
21efba9f638ef0baa2af4e01df638b2c.jpg
3b75685b4e34f0bc75b3f67c13b6602a.jpg

Did not happen in the bird. No weird shit here... its just not possible.

This could simply be the result of someone at the molding Factory sanding off an anomaly after it came out of its mold

Did not happen in the bird. No weird shit here... its just not possible.
I put a new, stock cube in to test its operation. When I pulled the new cube out of the solo after the test flights it was also scuffed on the same corner. There was residual material in the form of fine, black powder inside the shell adjacent to the scuffed cube corner.

I'm not making assumptions without a basis, they are from careful observations.

This could simply be the result of someone at the molding Factory sanding off an anomaly after it came out of its mold
Look at the second and fourth pictures I posted, you can clearly see where the cube makes contact with the shell. This wasn't a factory operation...

I've noticed the same on one of my work Solos, though only after a catastrophic failure, so I can't be entirely certain it existed before the crash.

I should be into my personal Solo for some maintenance/upgrades soon, and I'll check there and see if perhaps this a problem on certain production runs?

I've noticed the same on one of my work Solos, though only after a catastrophic failure, so I can't be entirely certain it existed before the crash.

I should be into my personal Solo for some maintenance/upgrades soon, and I'll check there and see if perhaps this a problem on certain production runs?
Yeah, I'm thinking it's possible the mounts for the board might be off slightly. It hasn't affected performance so I have not dug deeply into it.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's possible the mounts for the board might be off slightly. It hasn't affected performance so I have not dug deeply into it.
Do you mean that the board should be raised a few mm, perhaps on rubber spacers or O-Rings to make more clearance for the Cube on the bottom? I do like you use of moongel... I need to get my hands on some for my install. Perhaps if/when I save enough for a Green Cube...

Do you mean that the board should be raised a few mm, perhaps on rubber spacers or O-Rings to make more clearance for the Cube on the bottom? I do like you use of moongel... I need to get my hands on some for my install. Perhaps if/when I save enough for a Green Cube...
Something is off by just a tiny bit. I bought the solo used so it's possible it could have had a hard landing and something was altered (pure speculation). Next time I'm in there, I'll look closely at the mount points and boards.

I bought the moongel for gimbal dampening but haven't needed it yet. It was easy to grab a small amount and use it as a spacer. When it's hot, it does weep a little oil so take that into consideration. I believe some thin sorbethane or similar would work better.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986