Photo toggle button

Reaction score
Hi All

I have read on some sites that you can take a photo by pressing the two tilt preset buttons simultaneously, I have the latest android update but this doesn't appear to work, or I'm not doing it right. Does anyone know if this works, it would be very very handy if you can do this.

Cheers

Wrong buttons. You press the lever/paddle on the left side. In photo mode it snaps photos, in video mode it starts and stops recording.

Last edited:
Hi All

I have read on some sites that you can take a photo by pressing the two tilt preset buttons simultaneously, I have the latest android update but this doesn't appear to work, or I'm not doing it right. Does anyone know if this works, it would be very very handy if you can do this.

Cheers
Wrong buttons. You press the toggle switch on the left side. In photo mode it snaps photos, in video mode it starts and stops recording.
Thanks mate, i knew about the toggle button for photos and video. But there is info about taking photos with the tilt buttons, check the photo I attached in my thread. Thanks for your reply

Attachments

• controller_back_callouts_revised1.jpg
    controller_back_callouts_revised1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 58
I see that in the photo now. I didn't know about that. I'll try it and let you know. Chances are someone here will have the answer pretty quickly.

Reactions: KrisTheAJ
I can say that I have used the camera angle presets to take photos. I just press both at the same time when in photo mode, and it works great. I like snapping photos and starting/stopping videos with the presets better than always having to touch the button on the screen. I hope you get it figured out, since it is so handy to use. Just make sure you press both at the same time. Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

It's not the 2 tilt buttons that trigger it. It's the "auto tilt speed adjustment" dial in between them. It's also a button. Press it and you should hear it click like a button.

I can say that I have used the camera angle presets to take photos. I just press both at the same time when in photo mode, and it works great. I like snapping photos and starting/stopping videos with the presets better than always having to touch the button on the screen. I hope you get it figured out, since it is so handy to use. Just make sure you press both at the same time. Good luck, and welcome to the forum.
Thanks mate.

It's not the 2 tilt buttons that trigger it. It's the "auto tilt speed adjustment" dial in between them. It's also a button. Press it and you should hear it click like a button.
Hi mate, i just checked this on my controller and it definitely can't be pressed, just rolled left and right. There may have been some different models released over time. Thanks again

The wheel on the right side adjusts the speed of the auto tilt, it is not a button, it will not control the Gopro photo or record function. The lever/paddle on the left which controls gimbal tilt can be depressed to take a photo in camera mode or start and stop recording in video mode. Although you can use the preset angle buttons on the right side, if you don't press them at the exact same time, you will just activate the tilt function, it can be a little tricky.

Last edited:
The wheel on the right side adjusts the speed of the auto tilt, it is not a button, it will not control the Gopro photo or record function. The lever/paddle on the left which controls gimbal tilt can be depressed to take a photo in camera mode or start and stop recording in video mode. Although you can use the preset angle buttons on the right side, if you don't press them at the exact same time, you will just activate the tilt function, it can be a little tricky.
Hi mate, i could never take a photo pressing both the preset buttons at the same time, it just messes with the tilt. It would be good if it was a bit more functional to take a photo pressing these buttons as described in the photo I attached. Thanks for your help, appreciated.

Attachments

• controller_back_callouts_revised1.jpg
    controller_back_callouts_revised1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 28
I click on the left paddle to take pictures or start/stop video depending on what mode GP is in. I agree with Chuck it's much easier than pressing on the app screen. I turned auto record on smart shots as well. It's just too simple to click the paddle.

I need a bit of help understanding the sweep angles. I can get them set, say 1 at 90' and 2 at 45' and sweep speed at 5 seconds. I can't figure out how to get a sweep started between the two presets.

I need a bit of help understanding the sweep angles. I can get them set, say 1 at 90' and 2 at 45' and sweep speed at 5 seconds. I can't figure out how to get a sweep started between the two presets.

Just tap (don't hold!) a "1" or "2" angle preset button. This initiates a sweep to the angle that you previously stored in that preset, at the speed currently set by the sweep speed dial. Note that the sweep speed is NOT stored in the preset, just the angle.

Thanks for the information. I'll try that on our next time out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks