orientation tips

Reaction score
What is the best way to know which direction you are traveling if the drone is out of visual range? For example, if flying to an island about 4500 feets, I turn to film and lose orientation, how do I do to point to me and bring it back? Gps maps? What do I do if I do not load maps? Some tips to new pilots?

What is the best way to know which direction you are traveling if the drone is out of visual range? For example, if flying to an island about 4500 feets, I turn to film and lose orientation, how do I do to point to me and bring it back? Gps maps? What do I do if I do not load maps? Some tips to new pilots?
I USE come home feature and hit fly button twice to regain control when in sight.

Reactions: brunoferreiro
I use the maps which show orientation. They should add a carat to the fpv screen that, when centered in the screen indicates the nose is pointing at Home.

Reactions: brunoferreiro
I use the maps which show orientation. They should add a carat to the fpv screen that, when centered in the screen indicates the nose is pointing at Home.

This is exactly what DJI does. In the bottom left of the screen there's a circle with a drone in it what show which direction the front of the bird is pointing in relation to the home point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to download maps of where I'm flying this afternoon and it is impossible. In a topic I read that there was a button on the side to download the map section you wanted to use but I have no such option, how I keep the map to fly later offline 3g?

Are you in the Solo app with maps pulled up? And connected to the internet? You should be able to cache the maps. Tap on the arrow on the RH side of the screen then a bar at the bottom should appear that says tap to download map....or something like that.

I was trying so recommended to be guided with maps. I already loaded maps without WiFi connection. What I have to do, to show me on the map which is the front of the drone or the address that points ?. That is only possible in the phantom 3?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44