Open Solo/ New Owner

Reaction score
I just got a new solo so I assume it does not have the open solo upgrade. Do I need the upgrade or will it fly fine without it? If I try to upgrade and have issues I'm toast because I'm not very knowledgeable on this kind of thing. What benefits does the upgrade bring? Thanks.

fly it without it, if you like it don't upgrade. Just know that no more updates are coming from 3DR
Solex and Open Solo are the only things advancing the platform

I just got a new solo so I assume it does not have the open solo upgrade. Do I need the upgrade or will it fly fine without it? If I try to upgrade and have issues I'm toast because I'm not very knowledgeable on this kind of thing. What benefits does the upgrade bring? Thanks.

Just fly it like pyrate says I went ahead and put the GPS cardboard mod on mine when I got it and the GPS was Rev-A which never gave me any
problems.

That was a year ago and since then I went ahead and ordered the mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N came from "mRobotics.io" for about $50.00 and
installed the GPS on the quad. The GPS shield I got off of Ebay for $10.00: https://www.ebay.com/itm/162906223537
YouTube has several videos on how to change the GPS module and anyone that can use the screwdriver sent with the 3dr Solo should be
able to swap out the GPS. If anything swap out the Rev-A with a Rev-B GPS and I hope that helps?

Reactions: XevetS
Upgrade your gps card if it is green....otherwise fly it stock for awhile. Open Solo is a great upgrade, but will invaladate your warranty.

Yes, OpenSolo is entirely compatible with the 3DR app and the stock Solo - it does more for Green Cube Solo's, but does lots of good stuff for the stock Solos too.

It's very easy to install using the Solex third party app.

This thread has all the details, it's worth a read through for additional info - it also has links to the OpenSolo release notes.

Welcome to the forum.

New Year, New Solo! Open Solo 3.0.0 released

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks