Open Solo 4 SD Card Images

Reaction score
The following links contain the image files needed to flash Solo SD cards and Cube to Open Solo 4. The images include the Updated Factory Reset Partition files so that a factory reset will result in a fresh install of Open Solo 4. Also included is the Arducopter v4.0.1 APJ file for a Stock Solo Cube.

Last edited:
I have a problem with the compatibility of the controller and Solo.. I want to overwrite the memory card of Solo. I downloaded these disk images. But Windows does not recognize the image file type. What is the extension of these images? Which utility is better to write these images to the memory card.?

I have a problem with the compatibility of the controller and Solo.. I want to overwrite the memory card of Solo. I downloaded these disk images. But Windows does not recognize the image file type. What is the extension of these images? Which utility is better to write these images to the memory card.?
It depends what software you are using to flash the images. Change the file extension to whatever the software is looking for, or change the File Type it is looking for to *.*

The following links contain the image files needed to flash Solo SD cards and Cube to Open Solo 4. The images include the Updated Factory Reset Partition files so that a factory reset will result in a fresh install of Open Solo 4. Also included is the Arducopter v4.0.1 APJ file for a Stock Solo Cube.

how do i flash these to new sd cards i have saved both files to my desk top I just need a little help cause my solo is showing two yellow and a red and a green light then it goes to like two blueish white and a red and a green. Can some one help me here

how do i flash these to new sd cards i have saved both files to my desk top I just need a little help cause my solo is showing two yellow and a red and a green light then it goes to like two blueish white and a red and a green. Can some one help me here
That sounds like the correct lights for Open Solo 4. You need to flash both SD cards AND flash the Cube with the .apj file. The Cube has to be flashed using Mission Planner and the SD card images can be flashed with an image flashing software like this one balenaEtcher - Flash OS images to SD cards & USB drives

I recommend using new 16GB SD cards and they don't have to be fast ones.

Hello everyone Please tell me, all the lights on my drone are green and there are no sounds beeps, nothing.

I made the sds for both controller and copter and now it connects to Solex, and detects the drone 😺 still haven't tried it outside, as soon i can i will try it,i really hope it will work! :)

Reactions: jonbrotherton
I made the sds for both controller and copter and now it connects to Solex, and detects the drone 😺 still haven't tried it outside, as soon i can i will try it,i really hope it will work! :)
Do the IMU calibration first, then reboot, then do compass calibration. Go outside and wait for a good GPS lock before you start the compass calibration.

Reactions: Hu3aN0iD
Ah ok thank you, anyway today i was wondering as i noticed after the drone connets to Solex the app still displays the home footage videos with the only option to connect or disconnect the drone, should i do something else to have the screen with the camera stream and the drone options? Or that screen will only appear when the drone is connected to satellites?

Ah ok thank you, anyway today i was wondering as i noticed after the drone connets to Solex the app still displays the home footage videos with the only option to connect or disconnect the drone, should i do something else to have the screen with the camera stream and the drone options? Or that screen will only appear when the drone is connected to satellites?
Once your android device is connected to the Sololink Wifi you can tap Connect in the Solex app. After it connects tap the airplane icon at the bottom left. That takes you to the Flight Screen where you should see the video feed with info overlay.

Hello i finally did the imu and the compass calibrations yesterday one thing i noticed after i tapped on the plane icon is that Solex says "video not supported", i tried shuting off and power back on the camera but nothing it is always on "video not supported" do i need to set the camera to some specific settings? Anyway the imu and compass calibration worked fine, the only strange thing is that after i did the imu calibration the copter has not rebooted automatically needed to do it manually same after the compass calibration, ah and a question about compass calibration, do i need to do specific moves, or its ok to rotate the copter in casual directions?

Hello i finally did the imu and the compass calibrations yesterday one thing i noticed after i tapped on the plane icon is that Solex says "video not supported", i tried shuting off and power back on the camera but nothing it is always on "video not supported" do i need to set the camera to some specific settings? Anyway the imu and compass calibration worked fine, the only strange thing is that after i did the imu calibration the copter has not rebooted automatically needed to do it manually same after the compass calibration, ah and a question about compass calibration, do i need to do specific moves, or its ok to rotate the copter in casual directions?

It doesn't reboot on its own. That's normal. If the compass calibrated then you covered all the directions it needs. Usually I rotate it 360 deg in each axis, then randomly until it finishes.

Turn on android location services and you should get video feed.

Hello now everything seems to work well, now the only thing is that the controller always stays on "Searching for GPS" and on the solex there is an intermittent red line saying "prearm: waiting for 3d fix" , but i suppose both those things will go away when i go outside, right?

Reactions: jonbrotherton
Hello now everything seems to work well, now the only thing is that the controller always stays on "Searching for GPS" and on the solex there is an intermittent red line saying "prearm: waiting for 3d fix" , but i suppose both those things will go away when i go outside, right?
Yes

Los siguientes enlaces contienen los archivos de imagen necesarios para actualizar las tarjetas SD Solo y el Cube para Open Solo 4. Las imágenes incluyen los archivos de partición de restablecimiento de fábrica actualizados para que un restablecimiento de fábrica resulte en una nueva instalación de Open Solo 4. También se incluye el Arducopter v4.0.1 Archivo APJ para un Stock Solo Cube.

OpenSolo4_Solo_and_reset
OpenSolo4_Controller_and_reset
CubeSolo4.0.1.apj
Good morning.

Delete the Solo information from the SD card, but it has 4 folders, in which folder do you enter the downloaded file (opensolo4_solo_and_reset) that you share with us?

The cube file, I already tried to flash it with balenaEtcher, but it stays starting, I don't know how to do it then, I'm completely lost.

The memory says it has around 8GB of storage, but the file downloaded from Dropbox only weighs around 250MB.

Please help, I already want to fly my 3drsolo, I mention that I am trying to make opensolo 4.0 from solex but only the control changes to opensolo 4.0 but the drone does not, that is why I want to enter both the control and the drone the files from the SD card.

Attachments

• b600096d-336f-4bb9-a34e-c5d21508dc14.jpeg
    b600096d-336f-4bb9-a34e-c5d21508dc14.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo