Open Solo 4 - Metric Units On Controller

Reaction score
Over the last couple of days I have had a few flights with Open Solo 4 on my main Solo and it all works great. I have Solex and set units to Metric but the controller is still in Imperial. Is there a setting for the controller to change it over to Metric?

Kelly was going to look into why the units aren't setting through Solex. Unsure why it doesn't work, because you the command line method to change the units still works fine. If you're familiar with SSH, you can change it manually. SSH into the controller (10.1.1.1) and do "sololink_config --set-ui-units metric"

Kelly was going to look into why the units aren't setting through Solex. Unsure why it doesn't work, because you the command line method to change the units still works fine. If you're familiar with SSH, you can change it manually. SSH into the controller (10.1.1.1) and do "sololink_config --set-ui-units metric"
Matt, I appreciate you being such a wonderful resource for us users. I can't imagine where Solo would be at this point if not for your past and present efforts. Merry Christmas! Long live Solo!

I had a another play with Solex changing to and from metric with no joy. I will have a go with SSH in the next day or so and report back. Merry Xmas from down under.

I also noticed that Solex doesn't detect the mode of the controller so i am not sure it Solex's interaction with the controller isn't 100%. I am using the latest version of Solex.

I also noticed that Solex doesn't detect the mode of the controller so i am not sure it Solex's interaction with the controller isn't 100%. I am using the latest version of Solex.
Yes that doesn't work either in solex. May want to try it through the old 3dr app

I did look at the Solo app and it also doesn't have the mode. Also the Solo app doesn't show any software versions (Open Solo 3 did display).

I still have to try SSH method....

Last edited:
I used SSH and entered the command which has changed the units on the controller to Metric so thanks for that.

Reactions: Pedals2Paddles

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc