No Satellite View

Reaction score
I am not getting any Satellite view at all. All I see is a blank white screen where the map is supposed to be.
7 Flights in and no maps! Any suggestions would be appreciated!

What is your device. Does it have an internet connection to pull up maps and if not did you cache them prior?

It's the Solo! So I'm working with the network it creates. Thought it pulled info from the gps satellites.

It's the Solo! So I'm working with the network it creates. Thought it pulled info from the gps satellites.

The solo doesn't have an internet connection, you will need to jump back on your wifi connection to download and cache the maps locally to use.

Thats right. Google has a process where you can pull up an area on the map and cache the the data which is basically just making that area available offline.

The satellite is just GPS coords.

If you are using a phone or tablet with cellular then you don't have to cache maps.

I get a white screen when it doesn't know which map to download. Once the Solo acquires some GPS, it downloads.

Make sure your device had network data since the WiFi will be with Solo and does not have internet connection. OR as everyone else stated, run the app without connection to Solo/Controller and zoom in the map till you find the place you wanna fly, hit the button on the right to download the map.

Disclaimer, this is for android, not sure if IOS is similar.

I get a white screen when it doesn't know which map to download. Once the Solo acquires some GPS, it downloads.

Make sure your device had network data since the WiFi will be with Solo and does not have internet connection. OR as everyone else stated, run the app without connection to Solo/Controller and zoom in the map till you find the place you wanna fly, hit the button on the right to download the map.

Disclaimer, this is for android, not sure if IOS is similar.
Also, Tap the bottom middle of the screen next to the green icon to initiate the map cache. A thin green bar will flash across the bottom of the screen to indicate the map is being cache.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986