No record button on app

Reaction score
Hey guys I need a little help. I'm using a Gopro 3+ Silver and I can't see the record button on the app when I'm running my Solo. AM I missing a setting? Thanks for the help

I have a HERO 3 and I have the same issue. I think it must be the GOPRO itself, but maybe someone has a better explanation.

Only when the gimbal is released. Unless I missed something.
I have a 3 Black a 3+ Black and 4 Black and I do not see a record button on any of them. This is straight from 3dr site..

COMPLETE CAMERA CONTROL
Built specifically for aerial photography, the controller allows you to shoot like a pro from day one. Easily adjust camera tilt positions and speed, instantly snap a photo or even start and stop GoPro® recording during flight (requires gimbal). All while a crystal clear HD view of the action is streamed directly to your mounted mobile device.

Hey guys I need a little help. I'm using a Gopro 3+ Silver and I can't see the record button on the app when I'm running my Solo. AM I missing a setting? Thanks for the help
You need the Solo Gimbal to use/see that button. Set Gopro to the settings you like, then turn in it on by pressing to the record button on the GP.

Are you using an Android? There is no record button on the Android app like there is on the Apple App; which allows you to record to your camera roll. Also make sure the option to record to camera roll is enabled in the apps settings.

Well that explains it I need to buy a $400 piece of equipment to make my camera work. Not that I wasn't planning on buying it I just don't like the idea of forcing me to buy something to make something else work lol

You don't need to buy anything to make your camera work if your camera is already working. You have the option to start recording before you fly. The same way you exercised your option to complain about a product you know nothing about.

All indications of controlling your gopro (EVEN STARTING OR STOPPING A RECORDING) while in flight are laid out in black and white, stating that you will not have gopro functionality without a gimbal.

You didn't want help, you wanted to complain. Next time use the search feature. This has been discussed on more than one occasion.

You're welcome.

Wow you really got your panties in a twist it was just a comment relax and dont take this crap so serious.. Lol

Just to be clear... If you are on an IOS device and don't have the gimbal, the record button will still show up on the phone/tablet, as you can record (at 720P) to your device camera roll.

You can't currently do that on Android. In both cases (IOS and Android) you will be abpe to control the recording on the camera (along with many other aspects of the GoPro) from the app, once you have the gimbal.

Just to be clear... If you are on an IOS device and don't have the gimbal, the record button will still show up on the phone/tablet, as you can record (at 720P) to your device camera roll.

You can't currently do that on Android. In both cases (IOS and Android) you will be abpe to control the recording on the camera (along with many other aspects of the GoPro) from the app, once you have the gimbal.

Thanks for the info I appreciated

I know the question had already been answered but I contacted 3DR shortly after I got it in June, and received this reply on June 23:

Gary (3drobotics)
Jun 23, 9:43 AM

Hi Frank,

If you start recording thru the app it will save the video you see thru the life stream it won't actually start recording on the GoPro to do that you'll need the gimbal.
Once you have the gimbal you'll be able to modify settings on the Gopro and set it to record or stop directly from the solo app.

Gary Gregory
[Tech Support Engineer]

You don't need to buy anything to make your camera work if your camera is already working. You have the option to start recording before you fly. The same way you exercised your option to complain about a product you know nothing about.

All indications of controlling your gopro (EVEN STARTING OR STOPPING A RECORDING) while in flight are laid out in black and white, stating that you will not have gopro functionality without a gimbal.

You didn't want help, you wanted to complain. Next time use the search feature. This has been discussed on more than one occasion.

You're welcome.
Actually. ... it was mentioned in almost EVERY ad that users (IOS and android) could record directly to camera roll. I had no expectations that I could start/stop my gopro but did fully expect to be able to use the camera roll feature. Wish they would have been more clear that it was NOT an option yet for android but maybe, possibly, sometime in the future...etc.
We were also told there was a flight simulator included...not available yet. ...
Don't get me wrong, I think the Solo will be fantastic ...eventually but right now there are very few advantages over the competition.
BTW, I can start/stop recording in the air as well as take snapshots from my blade 350 and a $69 CGO1 for a fraction of the cost.

Last edited:
Ok so I went and purchased the iPad mini and I still can't see the record button so I can record to the camera roll. I'm sure there is a setting some where that I'm missing...any help?

Ok so I went and purchased the iPad mini and I still can't see the record button so I can record to the camera roll. I'm sure there is a setting some where that I'm missing...any help?

There is a setting in the app that says Allow Recording to Camera Roll. You need to enable that setting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado