No GPS out of the box - cable missing

Reaction score
I just bought a Solo on Monday (hoping to get in on the battery sale from the weekend but missed out, no wavering on sale time limit). Out of the box I got 0 satellites. I read through the forums and saw where people were finding disconnected wires so I decided to check to see if that was the case for the one I just bought. Mine is a little different. The entire cable is missing. I contact support and told them my situation and they have asked me to verify my purchase (sent a copy of receipt yesterday). How long should it take and is there any other source other than 3DR for the GPS cable? I saw what connector and pins are needed in another forum but if I could get the cable already made up it would be great. I guess I will have to stick with flying my IRIS+ until I can get the Solo in the air.

If the cable is missing the Solo should have an alarm tone when you power it up.

You can't buy the lead separate as I've been trying myself as I wanted some spares to try some modding.

3DR is sending me a cable!!! Hurrah!!!. I just have to wait a week. I love 3DR!!!!!!

Ian,
No alarm, just no satellites seen. You can buy the connectors at Digi-key and make you own. There is another post with all of the connector information.
WM2271-ND for the 6 position plug shell. $.26US/1
WM2272CT-ND for the pins. $2.84US/100
Good Luck!

Yes, I was meaning you can't get a complete pre-wired lead.

Thanks for the part numbers I make try making my own.

The alarm should definitely trigger and I've known it go off if the cable isn't plugged in so it is odd, having said that I'm not sure it comes on straight away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks