No GPS Lock this AM

Reaction score
Hi All,

Had an unusual trip out today. My wife and I went to go fly "her" bird. (That's another post since she's officially adopted my SOLO) Anyway, we powered up everything normally. Waited for SOLO to acquire satellites. It couldn't find but 5 or 6. No launch. We were in a creek area of a local park and had plenty of sky.

Made sure the GP had wifi OFF and actually at one point, turned the cam OFF. After another 15 minutes and a sensor recal, we acquired 8 sats. Took off and went to 100' and hovered. The number of sats never went up after 2 minutes, so I assume it wasn't due to being at a lower elevation.

We packed up and drove to another park a couple miles away. Same situation but had 10 sats eventually.

Does anyone else see this occur? It seems that there was just a shortage of satellites over north Texas this morning. I just went out in my front yard and was able to get 12, and thats with SOLO on the ground.

It seems I have a lot to learn.

Thanks in advance,
Santa

Where are you located. For the first time ever it took a few minutes to acquire a lock. I thought it was just my Solo so I powered on my Phantom 3 and had the same issue.

My P3 also gave me a error when I tried to RTH but a first minutes later it worked. I got nervous so I only flew one Solo battery pack today.

Where are you located. For the first time ever it took a few minutes to acquire a lock. I thought it was just my Solo so I powered on my Phantom 3 and had the same issue.

My P3 also gave me a error when I tried to RTH but a first minutes later it worked. I got nervous so I only flew one Solo battery pack today.
We were in a public park in Carrollton. Just N/W of Dallas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44