Nexus 7 2013 soft key issues

Reaction score
How do you get the soft keys to go away on the Nexus 7. I've tried a hand full of apps which squish it down, but access to make all the smart shots start in the 3DR Solo app is still block by the lightly gray line at the bottom of the screen. So I can't engage them. HELP!!!! The tablet is awesome and quite bright, but no way to start the smart shots! GRRRRRRRR!

Hmm,
I don't think I see that on mine. Can you show a screen shot?
I have full control with mine.
Is it the Nexus 7 2013?

Never had any such issues on my Nexus 7/2013. I am running the latest 6.x version of Android.

Screenshot_2016-08-15-14-08-45.png Screenshot_2016-08-15-14-09-16.png this is how it looks on mine. Running

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-15-14-20-49.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-15-14-20-49.png
    212.7 KB · Views: 6
The first pic is normal 2nd pic Im running the immersion mode to make the dang soft keys go away.

But I go to update and it says my tablet is up to date? ???
It's an old Nexus and perhaps past it's support life. Also, I have seen this happen to cell-enabled tablets being unable to update the old OS because Android OSs are very frequently modified by the cell service provider. Generic OS updates may not work on all devices so the device wants you to update from the device provider.

For instance, Samsung has crippled some of the capabilities of Marshmallow - like the ability to use your SD card as regular internal memory. It's already allegedly in Marshmallow, but not in Samsung Marshmallow.

I know everyone recommends that old Nexus tablet, but as far as I'm concerned anything electronic older than 2 years is a total dinosaur - and sometimes 2 months.

This stuff does age pretty quick.
I bought mine from a pawn shop and updated the software. Try doing a "Factory Data Reset" it should load the latest FW. Mine to is cellular capable. It's the only way to get GPS in the tablet.
I had a couple of small issues with mine in the beginning. I wiped it and reloaded it and it's been fine ever since. I don't have cell service on it. Don't need to pay for service for the GPS capability.
I'm at Android version 6.0.1.

I'm really happy with mine.

...Mine to is cellular capable. It's the only way to get GPS in the tablet...
Not any longer; all current (as in ~2 yr old or less) Galaxy devices have GPS and Baro on their Wi-Fi only tablets.

Reactions: Don H.
Oh wow, that's good to know. Next time I won't have to search so hard.

Thanks..

Don.

Oh wow, that's good to know. Next time I won't have to search so hard.

Thanks..

Don.
Before you buy, check the specs on the maunufacturer's website for your prospective device. I would bet that all manufacturers will include GPS and Baro very soon to utilize features available in the new OSs that App developers can design to.

My nexus 7 woks great until I place it on the controller then I have touch screen issues. It becomes very unresponsive and I have trouble selecting the features in the app. Any ideas why ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado