newbie needs some help please with opening logs

Reaction score
I have a galaxy note 4 and was trying to open my flight logs but am too dumb to figure it out and would like some help in learning to read them.
. Anyone have that kind of patience? :) thanks and appreciate all the info. On here it is very helpful to new flyers

Connect the tablet to your computer and browse the device with file explorer. You need to have Mission Planner installed in order to actually do any analysis of the logs.
Playing back missions
If you are using wireless telemetry and have connected to to APM via the Mission Planner, your flight data will automatically recorded. You can play back these logs by doing the following:

• Open the mission planner’s Flight Data screen
  • click on the Telemetry Logs tab
  • Press “Load Log” and find the flight’s tlog file
  • Press “Play”
Tlog.jpg

You can also jump to the point of interest in the log using the slider and control the speed of the playback with the predefined Speed buttons.

While the log is replaying, the HUD will move and the vehicles location on the map will update as it did during the flight. Individual data values can be seen through the Status tab and you can even display them in a graph by clicking on the “Tuning” checkbox under the map and then double clicking on the data legend to bring up a box from which you can choose exactly which data fields are graphed as shown below. This will show the recorded data changing as the flight progresses.

mptlog1.png

Reactions: Maddog
I'm trying this but my logs won't play. I've been trying to upload a pic of my PC screen but I get a message that I've exceeded a 50 mb limit- what's that all about? I only ever uploaded 3 pics.
Anyway the only difference I see in my logs is they don't say "log_udp at the beginning and there are dashes instead of underscores between the numbers.
They are located in the log folder of mission planner on my PC.
What's going on here?

Connect the tablet to your computer and browse the device with file explorer. You need to have Mission Planner installed in order to actually do any analysis of the logs.
Playing back missions
If you are using wireless telemetry and have connected to to APM via the Mission Planner, your flight data will automatically recorded. You can play back these logs by doing the following:

• Open the mission planner’s Flight Data screen
  • click on the Telemetry Logs tab
  • Press “Load Log” and find the flight’s tlog file
  • Press “Play”
View attachment 1664

You can also jump to the point of interest in the log using the slider and control the speed of the playback with the predefined Speed buttons.

While the log is replaying, the HUD will move and the vehicles location on the map will update as it did during the flight. Individual data values can be seen through the Status tab and you can even display them in a graph by clicking on the “Tuning” checkbox under the map and then double clicking on the data legend to bring up a box from which you can choose exactly which data fields are graphed as shown below. This will show the recorded data changing as the flight progresses.

mptlog1.png
Thank you, I will have to try this asap... I appreciate the time ! Nor saying I won't have more questions haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M