New Update Wish List

Reaction score
I am not sure if 3DR looks at these forums but for the next firmware update I would like to ask if it is at all possible to add these following features.

1. Turn on Solo automatically turns on GoPro. The current update allows the GoPro to turn off however it would be nice to have the easy one button option because the Gimbal is on the fragile side when turning on the GoPro Manually.

2. Ability to change GoPro settings. Resolution, modes and overall Fps as well.

3. A GPS Lock fix or a better way of not locking on to the GPS but keeping it. There are times when I fly and it will have 12 satellites and than go to the red 10 satellites and it has crashed all times as well. I am not sure if anyone can help me to fly manually have not tried it yet I don't think? Thank you.

4. more options within the smart shots. Having more points with the Cable Cam and maybe some options for control over the drone itself and key framing the speed of that would be nice.

This is not a complaint just my thought. Curious if anyone else has the same thoughts but just thought I would put it out there. I will post videos of my work as a cinematographer I am glad I chose Solo

hi ryan - are you flying iOS or Android for the app?

there's an update tomorrow - maybe. that is supposed to address changing settings in the GoPro while in flight. i would also like the GoPro to turn on when the SOLO starts.

there is a way of helping GPS interference by sticking a piece of card-stock directly under the foil - if you feel like taking off the battery cover etc.

if you have the android version - you access to Tower which is an app made in heaven. check it out.

hello thank you for the reply I am using IOS or the iPhone 6 in my case. Is the update tomorrow for IOS. Yes thank you for that tip I will try that I am not a fan of taking the GPS cover part off it is a little finicky putting it back on I have had to do it twice already but I would rather have to replace that than replace this drone because of the $$$ put into it already but thank you again.

Ryan, Stop crashing and spend just a little time with Manual. Assign it to the A or B key and practice using it..
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thank you so much for that I do need to practice this big time. Can you land it automatically though by hitting the FLY for it to land and will the pause button work too. I hear if you loose GPS it goes to manual

Thank you so much for that I do need to practice this big time. Can you land it automatically though by hitting the FLY for it to land and will the pause button work too. I hear if you loose GPS it goes to manual
Yes, everything else still works the same and you can hit Fly to just go back to Fly mode. If GPS lock is lost, it will go to manual as well.

Great advice. I have been flying quads for awhile. We all need to fly more by manual modes. We cannot always rely on our gps. I had one crash with a phantom. The battery was bad and I started to lose control coming in for landing. Practice manually, in case of emergency landing, especially if you fly over water.

Great video Jubalr. I think it is essential to learn manual flight modes. I'm really starting to wonder if they should be mass marketing this product. Too many people seem to think this is an item that you open the box and fly. I'm well versed with the P2 & P3 but am adapting to the Solo. Manual mode with the Solo seems much more drifty (?). Suffice it to say, learning manual flight is a must.

Thanks for the instruction.

Jerry

I will admit this is my first quadcopter flying wise however this is not a toy at the same time and should be treated as a professional product so I absolutely agree with you J R on this one. However I am learning new things about it all the time to get the best shots and best footage. I am not the "Drone Savy" person yet more of a typical cinematographer excited about this drone's capabilities. Thanks again for the video though it will only get me better flying manual (considering I can really go up from here)!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44