New to 3DRPilots

Reaction score
I am so new to this, I haven't even flown a drone - yet (have several RC planes, though).
Anxiously awaiting the UPS delivery of a NOS Iris+.
I believe 3DR software is no longer available but I still intend to see if a drone will be something I enjoy flying.

Also, I need advice / recommendations on an inexpensive camera to, hopefully, fit into the gimbal.

Last edited:
The BEST investment you can make at this point (based on my own experience) is a tiny toy indoor drone, to play with first.
I have flown both and drones are more challenging in may ways (which is not what I expected).

The ideal arduopilot drone training machine I believe to be the skyviper GPS 2450 older model as it will also introduce you quickly to the quirks of GPS at a very low cost. Try to get N.O.S. as the motors only last a few months at best, and can die if you make the beginner mistake of keeping the power on when the props are stalled. The motors are chageable but it's an hour out of a reasonably skilled persons life. And the first few times I found the work annoyingly fiddly. When you are confident you can operate your smalll drone without a user induced incident, then and only then, (in my opinion!) should take off with your bigger drone.

Spares for those Iris's are not so plentiful now...

Reactions: Silver Top Flyer
The BEST investment you can make at this point (based on my own experience) is a tiny toy indoor drone, to play with first.
I have flown both and drones are more challenging in may ways (which is not what I expected).
While I assemble and get familiar with the Iris+ (reading the directions and watching a few online vids on the aircraft) I'm also going to practice on the RealFlight simulator.

The ideal arduopilot drone training machine I believe to be the skyviper GPS 2450 older model as it will also introduce you quickly to the quirks of GPS at a very low cost. Try to get N.O.S. as the motors only last a few months at best, and can die if you make the beginner mistake of keeping the power on when the props are stalled. The motors are chageable but it's an hour out of a reasonably skilled persons life. And the first few times I found the work annoyingly fiddly. When you are confident you can operate your smalll drone without a user induced incident, then and only then, (in my opinion!) should take off with your bigger drone.

Spares for those Iris's are not so plentiful now...
My brother pilot above is one hundred percent correct. The sky viper will work on solex, so you could learn the user interface before you got behind the reins
Of "THE BEAST" lol...
The first time I flew a brushless quad, It was a Bugs III made my MJX. I performed my calibration,went ahead got ready to lift off, and when I hit the gas on her she took off faster than I had ever imagined, scared me so bad, I had to go puke. I knew I was hooked at that very moment They still manufacture the air craft. Price on them now about 80 to 100 dollars.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottk377