New Solo-Won’t Turn On

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

Had a Solo for a few years until it stopped working. Was given another one for Christmas (new from a vendor on Amazon).

I charged everything up and the drone will not turn on. I hold the power button and the props will twitch after a bit but it won’t turn on.

I waited too long to return it (they’d keep 50% of the cost) so I’d like to fix it if I can. Anybody have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

BW

Did it turn on when you bought it? Did it power up fine then? If you haven't tried to start it up since you bought it till now, is it possible the seller sold you one with problems but didn't disclose it/them?

It has never turned on. Don’t think that’s it.

Thanks for the response. Take care.

Is the battery a confirmed working one?

I'd start by cracking the case open and making sure all wires are plugged in.

Did the leds under the motor pods light up at all?

Yep. The battery is good.

No. The LEDs never came on at all. Weird deal.

I’ll open it up later today and will take a look. Thank you.

Just opened it up. Everything looks fine.

When I hold the power to start the right front (silver) pod makes a noise and twitches and then nothing further happens. It won’t fire up.

Anyone have any other ideas? I can still return this thing but they will keep 50% of the purchase as “restocking “. I’d rather not go that route.

Again...thanks in advance.

BW

Sounds like the #1 motor/esc/wiring is bad. Solo motors don't twitch when powering on....unless they are shorted in some way. Also why Solo shuts down immediately when you power it on, fault protection in the battery.

Could be the control or power wires are damaged, inspect their full length. Faulty motor or ESC, replace motor pod. Good luck.

Thanks, Rich. I’ll pull a motor pod off of my old dead Solo and see if I can get anywhere.

I really appreciate the input.

BW

Ok I pulled the #1 motor, installed the battery and got the drone to turn on. Looks like I’ll need a replacement for the silver motor pod.

I’m going to search on the internet but if anybody has a good lead on reliable replacement pods that’d be great.

Thanks for your help. Think it’s moving in the right direction.

BW

Sounds like an esc. I think that the esc's are built into the motor pods.
You can easily find them on eBay for like 25 bucks last I checked.
Ok I pulled the #1 motor, installed the battery and got the drone to turn on. Looks like I’ll need a replacement for the silver motor pod.

I’m going to search on the internet but if anybody has a good lead on reliable replacement pods that’d be great.

Thanks for your help. Think it’s moving in the right direction.

BW

Happy you are getting it fixed. II just bought one for a friend from 3dR.com when they were selling out. And one for my self. One was refurbished and the second one was supposed to be brand new. Both are defective. For me it’s too late to return. I’m trying to fix the one for the friend before mine but nothing I have tried so far is working. The controller just says Waiting on Solo. There is WiFi from the controller but not from the Solo. Tried to pair the two but nothing. Then tried a factory reset. The controller reset but the Solo will not. It seems to try to reset but then no progress and the light turn back to red and green. Does anybody know how to fix this?? Much appreciated

I also reset the Solo micro SD card as it said in some of the old strings and hot glued it. Should I try that again. Every thing I have read seems to indicate that is the way to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986