New Solo possibly for sale

Reaction score
I have a brand new, still in sealed box Solo that I am thinking about selling. What would be a fair asking price? Thanks...

$300, if no gimbal. I'd say maybe $400 with one.
How can you say that, when anyone can get a refurb direct from 3DR for $150 or $200 with a gimbal... $100 for a GPH4B

It's open season on these things. They are literally a dime a dozen at the moment.

A dime a dozen.... haven’t stumbled onto that deal yet-

Actually there were a “Limited” number of items that they were unloading. I think there were only 40 total of the New Solo’s being sold. And because of what they were selling them for, you were limited to only one per person so that more people would have a chance to buy one.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
You guys missed out on one hell of a deal. Solo with gimbal and a new GoPro Hero 4 black for 3 c notes.

Cant seem to find any deals like that now. Also factory recon ones seem to have dried up?

They are still around, just fewer since many of us stockpiled Solos back then (I have 5). I've used my primary bird constantly and my secondary bird only once so I have 2 full kits factory new (not refurbished) I'll be putting up on ebay this weekend for $650 per set. I'm in the process of selling parts of my 3rd set to a person from our forum who had a problem getting an insurance claim honored, but the other two will only be sold as full sets. If anyone here is interested, I'll be glad to sell direct and avoid eBay fees, just PM me. Ed

Ed, you are going to have a hard time selling your birds at that price. I picked up a slightly used one with gimbal and 3 batteries for $320 and 3DR just liquidated thier remain stock of new and refurbished birds. New birds for $150 factory refurbished with warenty for $100 and factory referb gimbal for $100. Limit 1 unit per person. So even if people want to flip them they only have that one bird to flip. That's going to drive the price down because no one has a monopoly and can't drive the price up. I picked up a refurb bird with gimbal and brand new GoPro Hero 4 black for 3 bills.
Not trying to be mean or rude. I hope you get want you want. Just wanted you to be fully aware of where the market is at this particular moment.
Good luck.

Ed, you are going to have a hard time selling your birds at that price. I picked up a slightly used one with gimbal and 3 batteries for $320 and 3DR just liquidated thier remain stock of new and refurbished birds. New birds for $150 factory refurbished with warenty for $100 and factory referb gimbal for $100. Limit 1 unit per person. So even if people want to flip them they only have that one bird to flip. That's going to drive the price down because no one has a monopoly and can't drive the price up. I picked up a refurb bird with gimbal and brand new GoPro Hero 4 black for 3 bills.
Not trying to be mean or rude. I hope you get want you want. Just wanted you to be fully aware of where the market is at this particular moment.
Good luck.

Yep, I totally understand. In my case I don't need to sell them and I'm not in a hurry, but others may want to go brand new old stock rather than used or refurbished. I think there are plenty of good deals out there still, even though there have been several sold at this price point - but I've only seen the brand new factory ones sold for this much...

Here's what I'm including in my sets for $650:

- Stock Solo, factory new sealed contents except original batteries removed from box for long term safe storage

- Factory sealed Gimbal

- Factory sealed extended life controller battery (original controller battery included, never used)

- 4 factory sealed flight batteries

- 6 additional factory sealed prop sets

- factory sealed 3DR leg extenders

One of the sets will also be listed with an unused 3DR backpack with tags intact. I also will be selling some factory sealed parts - flight battery charger, motor pods, and a controller with standard battery.

Just saying how can anybody in 2018 say they have a band NEW SOLO never flown.

Hi Mike, Just saying that the term refers to "New Old Stock" which is sold all of the time. I have purchased a "New Old Stock" NEC CPM Tablet computer from the late 1980s as well as a sealed pair of 1965 gold eyeglass frames salvaged from a closed Italian factory store room. In both cases, they were brand new, never used, and I was thrilled to find them.

In my case, I purchased 3 sets back in 2016 from B&H to augment my initial Solo and backup Solo from Best Buy. I set these three aside to use as either spare parts or for modding into a "Franken-Solo" on one of my folding Octocopter frames for a larger power train but with the Solo's smarts and video down link. As I've never flown (or even unboxed except to remove the flight and controller batteries for safety in storage), I consider them "New Old Stock" - Never Flown or Used (never even powered up once)... That's how I can say NEW SOLO never flown.

I also don't think that I'm that unusual in this as many of us bought multiples as the sad saga of 3DR being driven out of the consumer business by DJI (and GoPro's drone decision failures).

The good news for all of us is that the Solos are so well made and reliable that there are so many spares which never had to be used (unlike DJI's which are made to break and fund their insurance program scam). I'm planning on using my Solos indefinitely as a free American who doesn't have to phone home to China for permission to fly within the law, and who doesn't like to fund the intellectual property theft which has allowed China to advance so quickly in this technological space. <China Rant Off>

Yep, I totally understand. In my case I don't need to sell them and I'm not in a hurry, but others may want to go brand new old stock rather than used or refurbished. I think there are plenty of good deals out there still, even though there have been several sold at this price point - but I've only seen the brand new factory ones sold for this much...

Here's what I'm including in my sets for $650:

- Stock Solo, factory new sealed contents except original batteries removed from box for long term safe storage

- Factory sealed Gimbal

- Factory sealed extended life controller battery (original controller battery included, never used)

- 4 factory sealed flight batteries

- 6 additional factory sealed prop sets

- factory sealed 3DR leg extenders

One of the sets will also be listed with an unused 3DR backpack with tags intact. I also will be selling some factory sealed parts - flight battery charger, motor pods, and a controller with standard battery.
I forgot to mention that I also got a factory backpack for the $320. But you definitely have a nice package setup that anybody could hit the ground running, so to speak.

Hi Carl, that sounds like a fantastic deal - I'm glad that it found a good home with you :)
Yeah, I waited a long time to snag that deal. But it paid off. I'm curious, what kind of work, if any, are you doing with your Solo?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo