New Solo for Christmas, what to do...?

One last point I forgot to mention. Anyone that is in this hobby for filming does post shot editing on their PC. (Yep just like the photographer does with your kid's grad pictures or @ the mall for those Santa pictures :)) So comparing pros-cons of the 4k cameras in my opinion isn't worth mentioning whatsoever other then the fact I also mount my drone camera on my snorkel mask once a year for the rare occasions I am able to get out of the frozen state I live in. (current temp -16)

Thanks guys, decided to keep the drone and see what it can do. Managed to find a second hand gimbal for $100 which I'm waiting to arrive. Working though setup now. Can't say it's without headache. I can understand the appeal on the plug and play with the magics already. Hopefully after this is all done it'll be a bit easier. Main issue I had which took me a couple hours to figure out was connecting the iPhone to the solo wifi. Found out after much searching that I had to turn off data roaming and cellular to get it to connect...
Working on updating the software now. It's been "checking" for about 30 mins so far. Hopefully that's normal.

I'm now wondering if I'm not better off with a Mavic Pro as a starter...

Would love to open this and fly it but also would like to get the most out of it as possible when selling so I can put that towards a new Mavic.

Any thoughts?
Gimbal prices are getting outrageous. You still need one, plus a Gopro 4, plus a new lens (stock gopro lens sucks.) I'd just get a Mavic if I were you.

Reactions: Charles Lamoureux
Like I said earlier...it's actually a pretty simple decision. If you don't mind, and are able to "fiddle" with getting all the independent parts to work together...ie...getting your iPhone on the Solo wifi, then the Solo is a fine choice. But if that's not your thing, the Mavic is a "turn-key" out of the box solution.

Reactions: Charles Lamoureux

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle