New Quad from Yuneec..

Reaction score
Typhoon 4K Quadcopter.. Looks pretty promising..

Comes with a handheld gimbal and is actually cheaper than the Solo / Go Pro combo. AND a case. :)

One thing i DO NOT like is that it's a fixed screen at 5.5" and the controller looks huge.

Ryan G

The fact that it comes with a handheld gimbal is awesome.. I would LOVE something like that for my stuff.

Ryan G

Why is this mentioned on a Solo site? If I want to read about other MRs I go to MR Talk - RC group that has plenty of info on that one and hundreds of others.

Last edited:
I have the Yuneec Q500 Typhoon, the original/first one that was released this past winter. A bit larger than the Solo, and it flies really slow, 15 mph is the top speed. The CGO2 camera is the same camera the Blade 350QX uses (all Blade products are made by Yuneec). The video is incredibly smooth - about the smoothest I've seen. But there is a lot of yellow in the film that has to be taken out post production (if it bothers you). And the hand held gimbal is pretty cool, but feels a bit cheap - but it works well, holds the camera and your phone/monitor. The Q500 + has an updated camera with better color correction and a less fish eye, and the new one has the 4K cam. There is also about a 1 - 2 second lag between the camera and the built in monitor on the radio - so can't really be used for FPV (not sure you get much distance either).

Typhoon 4K Quadcopter.. Looks pretty promising..

Comes with a handheld gimbal and is actually cheaper than the Solo / Go Pro combo. AND a case. :)

One thing i DO NOT like is that it's a fixed screen at 5.5" and the controller looks huge.

Ryan G
I'm going to demo one tomorrow. I have a local rep here in So.Cal, he has the new Q500+ with updated 4K camera.
Watched some demo's online (all night shots were amazing quality)
I have Solo on order but want to see how this compares.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Great, let us know what you think. I like my Yuneec, in a slow, lumbering sort of way. And I really like the video (from the original Q500) with it's yellow tint. Just looks like I've put an Instagram filter on it...lol.

The reason I mentioned it on this site is that OTHERS might not be checking all those other sites that you check. It's a way to compare and see if there are other options.

i would be interested to learn more about it. Please let me know what you think about it after Scott.

Good: So how do you like it for video stuff?

I could care less how fast it flies honestly. I am only buying it for video purposes and smooth video and photo work.

Ryan G

Ryan, I like the video, BUT...I am not a photographer - my videos are mostly to satisfy my curiosity and see what X looks like from an aerial perspective. I think there is a lot of Q500 video on Youtube that will give you a good idea of what the quality is like.

I've seen a lot of it actually, but I don't know those people :)

I guess I am rarely going to fly it over a mile away, usually I will be really close to where I will be flying it, so speed and distance are less of a concern for me. I would say I would probably fly it no farther than 1,500ft from me ever. Most of what I want to do will be within that range and I just want smooth cinematography really.

Ryan G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44