New pilot

3DR's Solo app for Android no longer works, but the 3DR Solo app for iOS (Apple) still works, although with some bugs. I fly Solo almost every day using the 3DR Solo app for iOS, on an iPad Mini 4 and an iPod Touch 6, both with current firmware. The bugs include failure to automatically power up the GoPro when Solo is turned on, and loss of the live video feed when recording video at higher than FHD resolution (the feed can be restored by exiting the app and restarting it while flying). If you have an iOS phone or tablet, you *can* fly Solo with it using 3DR's app, but most people recommend spending the extra bucks to avoid those bugs and get the newer features in Solex. I haven't done so, because the 3DR Solo iOS app does everything I need to do. As proof, here's a shot I took recently using the 3DR Solo iOS app, iPad Mini 4, and GoPro 4 Silver:

abbey20200411.jpg

3DR's Solo app for Android no longer works, but the 3DR Solo app for iOS (Apple) still works, although with some bugs. I fly Solo almost every day using the 3DR Solo app for iOS, on an iPad Mini 4 and an iPod Touch 6, both with current firmware. The bugs include failure to automatically power up the GoPro when Solo is turned on, and loss of the live video feed when recording video at higher than FHD resolution (the feed can be restored by exiting the app and restarting it while flying). If you have an iOS phone or tablet, you *can* fly Solo with it using 3DR's app, but most people recommend spending the extra bucks to avoid those bugs and get the newer features in Solex. I haven't done so, because the 3DR Solo iOS app does everything I need to do. As proof, here's a shot I took recently using the 3DR Solo iOS app, iPad Mini 4, and GoPro 4 Silver:

abbey20200411.jpg
I'd just like to clear up one point here - the Android 3DR app DOES work, assuming your device is operating on Android 7.1 or BEFORE. I realize this means it doesn't work with new devices, but there are a bevy of devices on the secondhand market.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44