New Feature Request for controller: record tally and speed in MPH on display and speed change preset

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Some kind of confirmation that I'm recording on the controller display:
I normally fly with an HDMI monitor instead of a tablet or iPhone. Sometimes I'll fly with my iPhone in addition but find that it really slows me down. Mostly because the app often requires me to go into my phone settings to connect several times before I actually get a connection to Solo. I'd really like to see a red dot or maybe a color change on the control display when I toggle the record on (normally I do this by pressing the gimbal up/down button in).

Speed in MPH on the display:
It would be really cool to have an idea of airspeed for many reasons

Way to change speed without needing to use the app:
I very often wish I had the ability to quickly change speeds on the solo. Often during the same flight I want to get a shot where I cover a ton of ground and need to by flying at near full speed and then once my battery gets a bit low I'll come closer to home to shoot something more precise like a tree in the foreground or just off of the ground where I want the controls at the slowest/smoothest end. I've also had issues where I've been flying at the slowest setting and needed to change my flight speed in order to get home in a hurry and the app froze or my phone died and thought I was going to run out of juice before I'm even close to landing. Even when I'm running my phone on the controller and have the app open it's a pain to go into the menu to adjust the speed (I fly in the winter quite often and half of the time my fingers are too cold to really work well using my phone, also makes it prone to dying in minutes) I'd really love the ability to use the A/B buttons to toggle between two preset speeds. Maybe something in the display to tell you the speed setting your at as well?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso