Reaction score
Okay soloers, got an early Xmas present! Solo, spare battery, spare props, gimbal, case. Having little experience flying a quad,(most time on planes and copters) what should I do/know to be best prepared for first flight? I'm planning on relying on GPS early on, just to prevent getting a brain fart from overload. I'm going with my Hero 4 black for video. Suggestions on cam setup-operation, firmware updates, etc. I know Rome wasn't built in a day, so I'm not giving myself a deadline for mastery. I'm very glad to be here among friends who share a passion. I eagerly await your input, as I am putty in your hands....literally! Thanks, and apologies for the book......

Okay soloers, got an early Xmas present! Solo, spare battery, spare props, gimbal, case. Having little experience flying a quad,(most time on planes and copters) what should I do/know to be best prepared for first flight? I'm planning on relying on GPS early on, just to prevent getting a brain fart from overload. I'm going with my Hero 4 black for video. Suggestions on cam setup-operation, firmware updates, etc. I know Rome wasn't built in a day, so I'm not giving myself a deadline for mastery. I'm very glad to be here among friends who share a passion. I eagerly await your input, as I am putty in your hands....literally! Thanks, and apologies for the book......
First thing is to program either the A or the B button to manual mode. Since you will be flying it mostly in GPS mode you might need it if you lose GPS signal.

Just take your time and learn in small steps.
And please. Please. Please don't start hyperventilating for fear of flyaways.

Reactions: Todd123
You want to also download and read the owners manual for Solo. Like Don H. said, assign "Manual" to either your "A" or "B" button, and practice flying in manual, as it is different from flying using GPS. It will be a life saver if you ever have your GPS signal interfered with, or if you lose it completely. Also, practice your flying in an open area with a lot of room to play in. You will get the hang of it real quick. Good luck, and safe flying.

Reactions: Enoch Leisure
I printed the manual 2-sided and took it down to my local Kinkos and had it bound with covers, and after reading it thoroughly, I keep it in the zipper cover pocket on the backpack in the inside, so it is always with me.
Everything already said. And play with the trainer software. It's a little boring flying around the Statue of Liberty in the simulator, but it definitely will give you some basic training.
Have fun, be safe, don't do anything stupid. :)

Reactions: Chuck
I printed the manual 2-sided and took it down to my local Kinkos and had it bound with covers, and after reading it thoroughly, I keep it in the zipper cover pocket on the backpack in the inside, so it is always with me.
Everything already said. And play with the trainer software. It's a little boring flying around the Statue of Liberty in the simulator, but it definitely will give you some basic training.
Have fun, be safe, don't do anything stupid. :)
Now that's that is what I'd call diligent preparation! I've no doubt you'll have great success. :)

Reactions: Jeffer
On thing coming from fixed wing flying and even rotary wing flying to remember is that you DO NOT glide with a quad copter. That is a huge difference as the quads need power applied to change attitude. If you dump throttle and then push over the right stick is will tilt a bit and come pretty much straight down. GPS mode takes away a lot of pressure but if you are in manual you must continue to fly your bird. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc