New 3dr solo owner

Reaction score
Hey there just got my Solo 3 days ago, and running solex on it. just trying to figure out why i should upgrade the firm ware if my drone is flying?

Reactions: GFields
Hey there just got my Solo 3 days ago, and running solex on it. just trying to figure out why i should upgrade the firm ware if my drone is flying?
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Upgrading firmware is something I always do as a required maintenance and recording process. There are many who don't. But updating the firmware is designed to help with issues that the previous firmware had. Could me minor, but could be major. So, it's basically up to the individual.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Upgrading firmware is something I always do as a required maintenance and recording process. There are many who don't. But updating the firmware is designed to help with issues that the previous firmware had. Could me minor, but could be major. So, it's basically up to the ind
Hey Birmingham and hope things are going well in Al, and thanks for the reply and yes i dont know about how firmware helps (at times) but my 3dr solo is running fine with solex and old firmware. i would like to upgrade but reading about people getting stuck! so its concerns me lol got any tips?

Hey Birmingham and hope things are going well in Al, and thanks for the reply and yes i dont know about how firmware helps (at times) but my 3dr solo is running fine with solex and old firmware. i would like to upgrade but reading about people getting stuck! so its concerns me lol got any tips?
If everything is working fine, you should be ok without updating

If everything is working fine, you should be ok without updating

do any of the the updates have anything to do with GPS i have lost the signal a couple times. another question why do some solo's need it and other don't?

There is an old saying, "If it works, Don't fix it" There are upgrades for the GPS unit, I even have one with an external GPS mounted.

Reactions: igotitiscool
do any of the the updates have anything to do with GPS i have lost the signal a couple times. another question why do some solo's need it and other don't?
Updating is not required but there are many improvements which you can read about here.

The stock GPS isn't a very good GPS unit. You can get a very good GPS upgrade here.

You should also be concerned with battery life and the health and safety of your batteries. Read about that here.

To get battery replacements made for you go here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc