Need help with Gimbal repair.

Reaction score
greetings! I have two solos and two gimbals that each almost work. One gets a video feed but no motor control . The other has working motor (responds to angle controller) but no video. Do you know someone good at fixing gimbals? I'd be stoked to get them both repaired or at very least, get one working gimbal from the two combined. I'm happy to pay if it's worth the cost of repair. Is it? I have no idea. Any feedback and / or suggestions greatly appreciated. Reply here or pm me. Thanks! ~ Ed

You could try to skillfully remove the ribbon from the working nonworking motor gimbal and put it on the working motor gimbal.
I had to do that at one point and it was a pain but worth it in the end

I haven't heard of anybody doing gimbal repair. Seems like they were built so they couldn't be repaired (easily anyway).
Might be cheaper to buy a new one.

You could try to skillfully remove the ribbon from the working nonworking motor gimbal and put it on the working motor gimbal.
I had to do that at one point and it was a pain but worth it in the end
I may give that a try. I think I see what you are getting at, though your wording is a bit confusing. Thanks for the reply nonetheless.

I haven't heard of anybody doing gimbal repair. Seems like they were built so they couldn't be repaired (easily anyway).
Might be cheaper to buy a new one.
Thanks Maddog. I had a feeling that might be the case. I'm planning on buying a new one anyway and was hoping to combine the two almost workings into one working unit. At this point, I've nothing to lose and one working gimbal to gain , so it may be TinkerTime

Reactions: Maddog
Thanks Maddog. I had a feeling that might be the case. I'm planning on buying a new one anyway and was hoping to combine the two almost workings into one working unit. At this point, I've nothing to lose and one working gimbal to gain , so it may be TinkerTime
Take some pics during your "autopsy" if you don't mind.:D

greetings! I have two solos and two gimbals that each almost work. One gets a video feed but no motor control . The other has working motor (responds to angle controller) but no video. Do you know someone good at fixing gimbals? I'd be stoked to get them both repaired or at very least, get one working gimbal from the two combined. I'm happy to pay if it's worth the cost of repair. Is it? I have no idea. Any feedback and / or suggestions greatly appreciated. Reply here or pm me. Thanks! ~ Ed
Man. Trust me, it's better to buy one for $70 while you still can than to dick around with some broken ones. If you fix it and then it breaks again you may not be able to buy a replacement later on

Man. Trust me, it's better to buy one for $70 while you still can than to dick around with some broken ones. If you fix it and then it breaks again you may not be able to buy a replacement later on
Good point so hopefully he can buy a new one now AND attempt a repair on the bad one. He may discover a way to fix it that we were unaware of. If it's not too difficult then Ed might save others some money doing a repair instead of a replacement.

Eventually all of the gimbals will be in private hands.

Speaking of gimbals.....who has the best price right now on new gimbals?

TOK

Fast Forward almost two months-
B&H has NO gimbals- the only way to obtain one is to buy the Solo/Gimbal/ Backpack package for $399-
Gimbals on Amazon- $173
And on ebay- looks like $150 average-
What a difference. Like Maddog said... in " heavy hands! "

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc