My first crash

Reaction score
They say crashes are inevitable. I was up for 30 seconds, put it on Orbit and it was only about 20 ft away from me. I assumed that would be the radius of the orbit. Guess not! Solo meet tree-tree this is Solo.
image.jpg

They say crashes are inevitable. I was up for 30 seconds, put it on Orbit and it was only about 20 ft away from me. I assumed that would be the radius of the orbit. Guess not! Solo meet tree-tree this is Solo.
View attachment 1129

Did you have the time to press Fly or Pause before you got into trouble?

What altitude did you set your orbit at before starting it?
I didn't set it. I thought it was like the other Smart shots. Wherever you start it, that's where it does the orbit. It was only up about 20 ft and no more than that away from center. I figured it would do a tight orbit around me. 20 ft up isn't very high, unless it's up a tree!

I hate trees, I used some as the opening shot for the video I posted, I was thinking at the time, this would be a cooler shot if I move up and over the trees, then I thought, better not, it'll turn to disaster as trees are like quad magnets!

the solos greatest enemy........ plantlife!

dun dun dun.
Sorry to hear bud, hope it gets taken care of.
Any damage?

Isn't the default orbit radius something like 60ft. How wide is the tree? The orbit is like a 3 step setup.

the solos greatest enemy........ plantlife!

dun dun dun.
Sorry to hear bud, hope it gets taken care of.
Any damage?
Looks like just a chipped prop, and that probably happened when it hit the tree. When I was finally able to shake it loose, it hit pretty hard but a preliminary check looks fine. If there is any damage, it would be internal. Tomorrow I'll give it a proper shakedown.

Reactions: 1264_Solo
Isn't the default orbit radius something like 60ft. How wide is the tree? The orbit is like a 3 step setup.
Yes, I believe the default is 60 ft, which I wasn't paying attention to. I thought it would orbit based on the distance from center that it started at. which was only 20 ft.

Reactions: DodgeP
Well, wiped off the dirt and found a couple tiny splits along the top/bottom seam. Plugged in the battery and noticed a very small gap on the left side. Turned on the battery, the lights cycled then shut off. Same with another battery. Wonder how much this will cost to fix.

Sounds like you had a bad motor pod... Check out the video about replacement. It shows solo turning on briefly and switching off with a bad motor.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sometimes I think I'm too stupid to handle anything but my tv remote. Even though I've turned on the battery at least a dozen times, this time, I didn't hold down the button long enough, just pressed it. Duh.
Testing it in the backyard, it flew fine as usual. Unfortunately, I got a "gimbal not connected" error and when I tore it apart, the cable connector on the board had broke off. Hopefully, that's the only problem with it. Sent in a ticket to 3DR. Hope to hear from them soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44