Must have accessories

Did the batteries go up in price? They used to be $149 You'll probably need more than 1 extra battery, especially with that Filter.

Any suggestions, this is my shopping list (Canada)

Lev,

Let us know how it works in this environment, I have a friend that is looking for something for his biking and trail riding. I didn't want to go out on a limb and suggest the Solo just yet as I haven't used it in this fashion myself. I'll be interested to hear your feedback!

Jerry

1) For every battery I would get a Charger. I use Max 2 batteries per charger.
2) after every flight, let you batteries cool down and charge them to 50%.
- 50% is the recommended storage charge for LiPo batteries, specially if you are going to store them for a longer period of time.
- it will shorten your charge time next time you want to go and fly compared to starting to charge from 20%...

Happy flying.

Reactions: J R
I would take 2 extra batteries if you can and I would make a cover for the gimbal motor.IMG_1596.jpg
I am still trying to get sand out of mine. they are laser welded and can not be removed or taken apart. It sucked sand in from the back of the case. The silver part is a bell housing with electric magnets inside and sand got into it surprisingly fast.

Reactions: Mike Evers and J R
I would take 2 extra batteries if you can and I would make a cover for the gimbal motor.View attachment 1884
I am still trying to get sand out of mine. they are laser welded and can not be removed or taken apart. It sucked sand in from the back of the case. The silver part is a bell housing with electric magnets inside and sand got into it surprisingly fast.
That's a great tip - what did you use? Surprised it comes wide open like that.

It was an extra lens cap for a light sensor. I was thinking along the lines of cutting down a paint can cap or prescription bottle and some glue for plastic. Was just looking through my junk drawer ...

The lily isnt available yet, and it seems like it only has one purpose. I would like the ability for a bit more flexibility with camera

Not sure how the "electronic gimbil" works either

The lily isnt available yet, and it seems like it only has one purpose. I would like the ability for a bit more flexibility with camera

Not sure how the "electronic gimbil" works either
Like the Parrot Bebop,

Any suggestions, this is my shopping list (Canada)

1) - Extra battery since I am going kiteboarding on holiday and dont want 3 hours of charge time
2) - Polar Pro - Water Footage

3DR SOLO AERIAL DRONE
$1,299.99

3DR SOLO 3 AXIS AXON GIMBAL
$499.99

3DR SOLO SMART BATTERY
$199.99

POLAR PRO H3/3+/4 FRAME 2.0 SLIM POLARIZ
Solo BackPack
th

Props
th

SunShade
th

Reactions: Mike Evers
1) For every battery I would get a Charger. I use Max 2 batteries per charger.
2) after every flight, let you batteries cool down and charge them to 50%.
- 50% is the recommended storage charge for LiPo batteries, specially if you are going to store them for a longer period of time.
- it will shorten your charge time next time you want to go and fly compared to starting to charge from 20%...

Happy flying.
Does anybody actually have the chargers in stock?

I always charge my batteries up to 100% after flying as I use them again in less than a week. I wouldn't worry about the 50% rule unless I was going to store batteries for 3 or 4 weeks or more.

I don't know why you would need a charger for each battery unless you were going to do a lot of flying in a short period time and needed to shove batteries in Solo as soon as it landed.

Does anybody actually have the chargers in stock?

I always charge my batteries up to 100% after flying as I use them again in less than a week. I wouldn't worry about the 50% rule unless I was going to store batteries for 3 or 4 weeks or more.

I don't know why you would need a charger for each battery unless you were going to do a lot of flying in a short period time and needed to shove batteries in Solo as soon as it landed.

I can't tell when my next flight is going to be so I don't want to worry too much about leaving them discharged or charged for too long and risking the beteries to get damaged. I am flying electronic heli and an plane for a other 9 years now and I have learned a lot along the way. All my batteries from 2 to 6S are charged on a revolectrix cellpro 8 V2 and 1350W monitoring on the pc. 6 in parralel some times. Since I use the stock charger for my solo batteries I feel I went back in time. Solo batteries are too expensive not to pamper and treat them well, is just a piece of mind an my 2 cents.

Reactions: Maddog
I can't tell when my next flight is going to be so I don't want to worry too much about leaving them discharged or charged for too long and risking the beteries to get damaged. I am flying electronic heli and an plane for a other 9 years now and I have learned a lot along the way. All my batteries from 2 to 6S are charged on a revolectrix cellpro 8 V2 and 1350W monitoring on the pc. 6 in parralel some times. Since I use the stock charger for my solo batteries I feel I went back in time. Solo batteries are too expensive not to pamper and treat them well, is just a piece of mind an my 2 cents.
I think either way is fine- just a matter of personal preference.:cool:
Welcome to the site!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44