Motor Effeciency Data Please

Reaction score
I am attempting to gather data on Solo's motors to attempting to find cheap ways to improve efficiency.
The motors are likely to be custom made SunnySky X2216 880kv motors.
So if it doesn't inconvenience you to much I would like to get everyone's Amp draw at hover and your average flight times

So if it doesn't inconvenience you to much I would like to get everyone's Amp draw at hover and your average flight times

In a hover I'm reading about an 18.0 amp draw and the total flight time was about 13 min. draining down to about 33% battery. Gimbal and camera rolling prior to take off, for about 3 minutes in total. I made two flights with one battery, the reference to "total".

Good luck!

I flew yesterday to film some storm damage and at 8 minutes I got the "battery at 25%" warning.
I think I have a problem but don't know where to start. The charger? Solo?
Doesn't matter how I fly- same result with all 3 batteries as best I can remember.
Any ideas?

I flew yesterday to film some storm damage and at 8 minutes I got the "battery at 25%" warning.
Doesn't matter how I fly- same result with all 3 batteries as best I can remember.
Any ideas?
Is your battery's basically going from the charger right into your solo give or take a few hours in between !!
I know after fully charging my battery's and not flying for a couple of days.. The battery's start to lose a bit of there charge !

Just s thought

Reactions: RichWest
Is your battery's basically going from the charger right into your solo give or take a few hours in between !!
I know after fully charging my battery's and not flying for a couple of days.. The battery's start to lose a bit of there charge !

Just s thought
They always wait for a few days and indicate about 96% + on takeoff.
I have never gotten more than 15 min. Am I in the minority?

Any ideas?
Is your GoPro charged up before flight?

Is your GoPro charged up before flight?
Yes- I have 3 batteries for it and it always flies with a fully charged one.

Good point- maybe I'll try a flight with no GoPro for comparison. Thanks!
Well, with it turned off- don't want the gimbal swingin' in the wind..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig