Modifying oem antennas & locations , Good or bad or stupid ?

When I say one of each on each end, I didn't mean linear and CP. I mean the solo should have one RHCP and one LHCP. And the controller should have the same... One LHCP and one RHCP.

Here is the photo of the Crosshair and the Cloverleafs with an empty Solo shell for scale. I have two Crosshairs, just have not unboxed the second one. I'll post more photos when I get her reassembled.
4142f964cfb71e5fd3a7947946cc8fc3.jpg

I can think of no better way to say this. But I didn't realize how big 5" was. lol. That thing is yuuuge! Two of them on the controller might a bit cumbersome. But will probably work amazing.

Well I finally got my girl back together. No surprises. I don't think she will win any beauty contests, but I've always been more of a function over form kinda guy anyway.
Should work great though!
89eb2208aec06089f041ed6e5fe757db.jpg
01cc0d80e04dee0e574acfbf540e943c.jpg
64fe555684a00db773520264b65ab925.jpg

Reactions: Jubalr
An antenna tracker is what I saw them on and why I thought they seemed maybe a little too big. But they're definitely an awesome antenna. And they look bad ass! Nice job with the Solo antenna install! Seeing that i need to completely rebuild my experimental solo from a pile of parts after today's little "incident", I think I'm going to do this now too. What was your source for the antennas and the pigtails? I'm ordering them tonight!

I bought everything from readymaderc.com . Great company located in Ohio.
Make sure you use the code SHIPPINGDEAL to save most/all of the shipping costs.
The antennas are under "FPV Components"

I can think of no better way to say this. But I didn't realize how big 5" was. lol. That thing is yuuuge! Two of them on the controller might a bit cumbersome. But will probably work amazing.

JUST FOR DISTANCE AND PUSHING THROUGH TREES

why not boosting with paddles yes battery is big on controller and boosters. I have three solos and one is for distance.
I am using microtics and alphas 4wboosters at 3/s battery mounted on controller fairly large but the range is unbeatable.
I can fly 360deg all around at just under half a mile and 4 to 7 miles in straight frontal path, the only thing stopping me is battery.
I cant go past 18,000 and safely make it back in time .the other solos I have helical spherical for medium to long range videos pics etc.

JUST FOR DISTANCE AND PUSHING THROUGH TREES

why not boosting with paddles yes battery is big on controller and boosters. I have three solos and one is for distance.
I am using microtics and alphas 4wboosters at 3/s battery mounted on controller fairly large but the range is unbeatable.
I can fly 360deg all around at just under half a mile and 4 to 7 miles in straight frontal path, the only thing stopping me is battery.
I cant go past 18,000 and safely make it back in time .the other solos I have helical spherical for medium to long range videos pics etc.

Attachments

• solo control.jpg
    solo control.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 43
That's how you do it. FCC won't be very happy but will never find out. 4 Watts EIRP is the max I believe.

yes but I have a long land track and ten miles from airport. the pic I showed is a get it running post in the works job.
I im putting together a light bridge packet or token system .I use this at work for secure wifi transmission ill post when im done

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc