Mission Planner App for Solo

Reaction score
Has anyone caught wind of a Mission Planner App for Solo? I know some people are using Tower but I don't want to risk the lack of guarantee with using it.

Tower is somewhat endorsed by 3DR. Mission planner on the other hand is not. If you want a better chance with warranty, you want to run Tower. 3DR has official semi positive statements on Tower now that you will find on this site.

Back to the drawing board with me and Tower. Had a mission planned. Took Solo out got it ready. When I hit arm, it pulls a mission off the Solo which is not the one I made. So.....I think I figured out how to load the one I have.
I left the Tower running in the background and opened Solo app and the Tower app was reporting all kinds of stuff to me....battery at 40%, battery at 30%. Anyway, apparently there was a mission already loaded in the Solo and when I hit arm, it wiped out my way points and threw the other mission on the screen, which I did not want to fly because it wen behind me into the house.....similar to my Selfie episode.
Also made it out to 2500' my new best with no video or radio issues.

I have found out you can upload a mission, power the Solo off and I believe it is written to memory. Power up again and connect to tower then download the mission to the Tower map.
That is a pretty nice feature.

Last edited:
Has anyone caught wind of a Mission Planner App for Solo? I know some people are using Tower but I don't want to risk the lack of guarantee with using it.

Tower or DP are the apps for autonomous flights. MP is a PC program that is more complex and not likely to be duplicated as an app; Tower is the closest app equivalent or counterpart.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000