Marco Polo retreval system.

I just ordered a Marco Polo unit and sent Tim a note about wanting a "Hybrid Model". Thanks for all the info on this unit. It help me make my decision.

You will be happy with it. Tim is a good guy and the Marco Polo is great product. I have had to use mine 3 times so I know they work !

I just ordered a Marco Polo unit and sent Tim a note about wanting a "Hybrid Model". Thanks for all the info on this unit. It help me make my decision.
Mine is sitting in the post office.. Can't wait to pick it up after work and play with it.. I'll feel a lot comfortable having my Marco Polo on my Solo..!!

Fly Safe

Reactions: jirvin1120
You will be happy with it. Tim is a good guy and the Marco Polo is great product. I have had to use mine 3 times so I know they work !

Thank you for all your info and help on this product! Your support of it was a determining factor for me. Do you think I should still call Tim later to touch base with him or will my note on the order be sufficient?

Mine is sitting in the post office.. Can't wait to pick it up after work and play with it.. I'll feel a lot comfortable having my Marco Polo on my Solo..!!

Fly Safe

I hear you. Peace of mind is going to be great! Glad you will get yours today! Let me know what you think of it!

Thank you for all your info and help on this product! Your support of it was a determining factor for me. Do you think I should still call Tim later to touch base with him or will my note on the order be sufficient?
I would call just to make sure that he understand exactly what you want ..then that way you won't run into any surprises ..

His email is [email protected] if you want to let him know that way. He is good about responding quickly.

I would think that is good enough. I think they have hybrid units ready to go.

when i talked to Tim he said he was going to make a few of the one like i have.

Reactions: jirvin1120
Where have people installed it on their bird. Included Velcro and on top? Mine always seems to flip with early Fw crashes so thinking bottom maybe

Where have people installed it on their bird. Included Velcro and on top? Mine always seems to flip with early Fw crashes so thinking bottom maybe
I put mine underneath ..and I Also put a small piece of Bubble wrap around the tag for extra Comford..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    971.4 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    973.2 KB · Views: 42
Yea I would do bottom for sure. Where Del has his is a good location.

That's pretty good! What's under that? Don't have it with me now, seem to remember some sort of link and a vent

Got mine fast too. I just haven't had time to install it. Thanks for the pics on where to put it! That was my next question!

Reactions: Del
Got mine fast too. I just haven't had time to install it. Thanks for the pics on where to put it! That was my next question!

Old postings, agree to above comments. I'll spend $200 to help recover a Solo. Just ordered a Marco Polo as well. Up to the new year they're 10% off at Eureka.

Reactions: Maddog
bump

Question, you have to turn on the tracker each flight or can it be enabled through the locator? You charge it with the same charger that charges the locator?

i cant decide if i want the regular 12g or the 23g one..was it more expensive? how much did you pay for the 23g?

With Solo's flght time getting progressively shorter with updates and mine with sliders/filters/counterweights I'm thinking the 12g option might be good enough for me with its 3 day battery life.

You do need to turn the small transmitter on before flying (Solo portion). It will go into standby mode, which uses very little battery. When you do need to track it, you turn on the handheld tracker which will look for the transmitter (Solo). When found, it will change the transmitter to send mode, which your tracker will start to home in on. Depending where and how far your lost Solo is, you may need to start a small search pattern until the transmitter is found.

I've never needed to use mine "live", but tested it up to a mile away. It took about 3 minutes to lock in on the transmitter. Then it was a matter of following the tracker arrow to it. Worked great!

The transmitter and tracker do use the same included charger. My transmitter battery is still almost 100% charged and has been turned on for about 15 hours of use (flying time). I have it mounted on the bottom of the Solo with Velcro and a zip-tie (same location as Del's photos). I have the 12g version. My only problem is I use to forget to turn off the transmitter when done flying.

Reactions: twitchyzero

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado