Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I've had many flights with my Solo and love it! I live in an area that is difficult to get good GPS locks on Solo so I often take off and climb up until I get a good signal then hit FLY. Unfortunately yesterday I took off in front of my house and wasn't able to get a good signal before Solo was lost. My mistake! The last thing I saw on the App was "Landing". 3DR tells me that after reviewing the logs there is nothing they can do to help as the GPS signal was too weak. They didn't even provide elevation or distance info. I'd like to look at the logs myself. There was a slight breeze so I'm sure Solo drifted a fair bit before it landed. Trouble is I live in a forest and have no idea where Solo is. Has anyone been able to recover flight logs on an Apple product? I use an iPhone and MacBook Pro. I can only find info on Android and PC. It's starting to snow so any help is greatly appreciated!

Man sorry to hear of your troubles, any chance your video feed recorded to camera roll to help you out a bit or is yours set not too. I use all the OP systems but haven't had to do to much with logs. I know you can go to send support ticket and change it to your email address then possibly post them here for guys to make sense of or convert it for ya. Sorry I'm not more help though good luck with your search and rescue. Do ya have any other quads to do a flyover and try to search, I'm sure there's at least a last known coordinate in the logs, even if it's not exact.

Good luck, hate to hear these kinda stories

When the battery gets below 10% it starts beeping. If its stuck in a tree you may hear that. Depending on how much battery it left with, it will be several hours before it starts beeping. If you are somewhere nearby.....well, you might get lucky.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Thanks guys, I'm losing hope of finding it. Its pretty dense forest where I live.
3DR said they would give me a discount on a refurbished unit, might be the only option for me. Lesson learned the hard way.:(

Thanks guys, I'm losing hope of finding it. Its pretty dense forest where I live.
3DR said they would give me a discount on a refurbished unit, might be the only option for me. Lesson learned the hard way.:(

Sorry to hear about your lost Whis and hope you get another Solo soon to get back up in the air ..that's if you don't find your original one!

You can always purchase a Tracking Device and attach it to your solo then that way if you ever lose it you can always track it to retrieve it!
I just think it's a good way to protect your investment !
There's a few kind of tracking Devices you can use ..but it's all preference! But for me..I purchased a (Marco Polo)... Because it seems pretty easy to use ..Now I fly with more confidence :)

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Even with weak GPS, if you were in Fly:manual, the Solo would still use GPS on the telemetry. If you post the logs here, I'd be happy to look for where it likely landed. (Most people put the logs on dropbox and post a link). If you explain roughly where you were (Google maps links or something so that it's obvious which is the correct log - that helps too).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: RolandS888

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc