Lost signal issue

Reaction score
Hi, flew my solo today near a waterfall, was very grey cloudy day with frequent rain, waited longer than usual to get only 7 satellites but was good to go eventually.
Flew basically vertical to approx 100meters until I was above wasterfall maintaining visual at all times. Gently flew backwards and forwards at this altitude for about 3mins when I lost signal with solo. Hovered and waited for reconnection but it never did. Landed manually fine. Can anyone tell me what the problem may have been. Im thinking the heavy cloud cover and subsequent difficulty connecting to satilites but not sure. Any suggestions welcomed.

Terminology: Losing connection is generally in reference to the controller. Losing GPS is what you experienced. Bad location, bad conditions, bad terrain, and a very crappy stock GPS. So not surprising. Get and mRo or HERE GPS, and most of these issues will be solved.

Terminology: Losing connection is generally in reference to the controller. Losing GPS is what you experienced. Bad location, bad conditions, bad terrain, and a very crappy stock GPS. So not surprising. Get and mRo or HERE GPS, and most of these issues will be solved.
Thanks for your reply. I bought the solo new with revB chip fitted from factory 'or so they tell me'.

Normally I get around 17 sat connections but takes a few minutes. Do you think ive been duped?

Thanks for your reply. I bought the solo new with revB chip fitted from factory 'or so they tell me'.

Normally I get around 17 sat connections but takes a few minutes. Do you think ive been duped?
You do not get 17 sats with the rev B GPS. That would require an upgraded aftermarket GPS like the mRO or drotek or something.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44