lost signal at 200 ft

Reaction score
Any know of a way i can get better signal (tips and tricks) or even upgrades. Thank you !

Do you have side of your controller antennas pointing at bird? Not the tip.

Do you have side of your controller antennas pointing at bird? Not the tip.

i usually point them upwards pointing outwards.Dont quite understand what you mean by "side of your controller antennas"

The tip of those antennas are the weakest point. You need the side of antenna pointing towards the bird.

ok. so if the drone is directly on top of me i would point the antennas straight forward ?

Pretty much.

This is not a Solo but principle is same for the vertical antenna. I made this image a long time ago because people were pointing antenna at bird.

Phantomcontrol.jpg

http://dbsmods.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Phantomcontrol.jpg

Do they have video range boosters for the solo ?

No, that was just how the Vision + phantom worked.

DBSmods has Itelite panels for the P3. P3 uses same frequency as Solo. He tested the Solo to 2.5 miles with one of these panels.

The Solo will go 3 or 4000 feet with practice. I have been over 4000 several times.

Do they have video range boosters for the solo ?
Shouldn't be losing your signal at 200'. What is your altitude limit set to. Rich has gotten out to nearly a mile.....last I checked.

Reactions: rrmccabe
Shouldn't be losing your signal at 200'. What is your altitude limit set to. Rich has gotten out to nearly a mile.....last I checked.
i think maybe that is my problem. it is set at stock distance with the controller maybe its 200. ill have to check once i get it up and running later on tonight.

No, that was just how the Vision + phantom worked.

DBSmods has Itelite panels for the P3. P3 uses same frequency as Solo. He tested the Solo to 2.5 miles with one of these panels.

The Solo will go 3 or 4000 feet with practice. I have been over 4000 several times.

whats the most distance you've seen for the stock solo antennas?

4450'

But others have gone even further. Antennas are twitchy. Take practice pointing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stock at 6600' (@ 1:12 in )
Mod at 8800' (@ 2:52 in )

Here is the Mod Antenna Rig:
http://www.3drpilots.com/attachments/solo4-jpg.65/

Comes from:
http://fpvlr.com/store/product/3dr-solo-basic-kit/

I'm going to look into these after I get the GPS doing what I require.

P.S.
3DR should be looking at these videos and realizing how important it is that they get the Gimbal out SOON!

These shaky Solo videos look like cr@p on a cracker compared to anything posted up by any other vendor's gimbal...

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
P.S.
3DR should be looking at these videos and realizing how important it is that they get the Gimbal out SOON!

These shaky Solo videos look like cr@p on a cracker compared to anything posted up by any other vendor's gimbal...

Look at the bright side. We "should" only be a 10 days to two weeks away from the gimbals shipping.

Took my solo up 200ft and lost signal but I was partly under my garage and I have wifi in my home. Which I assume interfere with signal strength. Solo did its thing and hovered in place til I could step away from any interference. My heart stop for awhile

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado