Live Streaming To YouTube/Facebook etc.

Reaction score
Have seen a number of DJI owners streaming live video to various sites and it got me wondering what it would take. I've researched and found numerous post on live streaming from a Solo. Some were dated a bit and involved the use of a laptop connected to the internet somehow. Others got into more complex Solo commands to redirect video to another device.

I found one possible, though expensive solution provided the HDMI out on the controller does in fact work.

It involves the use of a Teradek VidiU Mini which I found here:

Teradek VidiU Mini

Based on the video I see, you simply would come out of the HDMI port on the controller in the VidiU Mini. You would connect the VidiU Mini to the service you wanted to stream to via a hotspot on a mobile device.

Interested in what others have found.

It's been done with VLC player.
Google VLC Stream live.
I seen a how to on FB somewhere several months ago.
Hope this Helps

I've seen this but it requires you to have a laptop and an Internet access and the VLC software . Are there any solutions that can run off the tablet you are running Solo or Solex video on.

I've seen this but it requires you to have a laptop and an Internet access and the VLC software . Are there any solutions that can run off the tablet you are running Solo or Solex video on.
They make SEVERAL vlc players
VLC Direct - Android Apps on Google Play
There are other that will stream from iOS or Android.
Try searching via google also...

Hope this helps

I figured it out. See below if interested in trying.

First, I'm using a laptop that I have connected to the Internet via my mobile phone acting as a hotspot. I use a tablet on my controller connected to the Solo.

I purchased a game streaming device called Elgato (www.elgato.com) to make this work. There are several models. I picked up the HD60, though the HD will suffice as you are limited to 720p at 30 frames anyway. You connect the Elgato to your controller via an HDMI to microHDMI cable. You connect the Elgato to your laptop via a miniUSB to USB cable. You use the Elgato software which you download. This latest version provides for streaming directly to Facebook Live, YouTube Live, and half a dozen other services.

You power up the laptop first so the Elgato is powered up from the USB cable before you turn on the controller. Then turn on your GoPro and then your Solo. In this order, the microHDMI port on the controller will get its video out config from the Elgato and you will see the live video coming from the GoPro on the Solo. You simply then add your accounts (Facebook, YouTube, etc.) to the Elgato software and pick the one you want to stream to and start streaming.

It works like a charm but is not nearly as elegant a solution as DJI's "Go" app, but it does work and gives you much more flexibility, features, and streaming services options.

Photos from my test tonight.

Attachments

• Elgato.jpg
    Elgato.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
  • Facebook Screen.jpg
    Facebook Screen.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • Solo Streaming.jpg
    Solo Streaming.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
  • Steaming from Solo.jpg