Limp Gimbal

@Vegasrobbi I was working on some gimbals this weekend and I wondered if you had resolved the issue? Just curious...what the deal was.

I think I have. I disassembled both gimbals and found quite a bit of dirt throughout, no surprise. Second both gimbals were out of balance which is odd since they balanced when new.

Finally and most important both gimbals had the ribbon cable all in a bind. Both these gimbals survived moderate crashes into trees, etc.

I could feel drag in the tilt axis. After careful cleaning and resetting the ribbon cable the drag was gone. Originally I could here the ribbon cable scrapping in there but not after the repair.

I think the gimbal overloaded being out of balance and additional drag.

One gimbal still gives up at the end of the second flight; and there's still something going on in Follow where the gimbal goes unresponsive to the controller. If I reboot Solo it works again. An error pops up something like manual gimbal error call support, right.

But for the most part servicing them keeps them going.

Cool, thanks for the reply.

Sounds like you found your way around the gimbal. Considering the camera used, they are actually well built. And can take a beating.

I noticed similar. I clean out the inside of the ZIF cable guides on the gimbal with a glasses microfiber after every collect job. It seems to keep the gimbal from going limp as often, and it keeps it running much quieter.

What I want is to see how to try and prevent dirt from getting in there in the first place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela