Legal Issues

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post so I do apologize if it is in the wrong area. I have wanted a drone for the longest time now, now I have figured out a way to pay for it and justify purchasing one. Real Estate Photography! The only thing holding me back is the FAA. I know that I have to register the aircraft and file for an exemption, but I have no idea and no legal background to draft up an exemption. Has anyone on here done it, or are familiar with it? I would greatly appreciate any input you may have for me.

You would have to register and file for an Section 333 exemption, and be a register pilot. For now, this will not always be the case.

You would have to register and file for an Section 333 exemption, and be a register pilot. For now, this will not always be the case.
AND you have to be a registered pilot? You say this will not always be the case, what is the time frame on that do you think?

A year to a year and a half.
Cue the eye roll... Leave it up to the government to do that... Haha, then I guess I will have to wait because I can't justify buying one just to play with for a year. We were joking and saying well I could say these are for free but charge a lot more for just a DSLR walk around package. Don't thing that will fly (No Pun Intended).

I have applied for the Section 333 exemption and also want to start a business. The new regulation will take a while, currently next summer is the newest estimate but that will most likely be delayed. There is a bill in the legislature that will implement many of the part of the regulation as a stopgap. The requirement for a pilots license will go away but there will be training and reporting requirements.

My suggestion (and my plan)
File for the exemption ( I have a templet that should work that I can post or send)
Build your experience and qualifications by doing some free photography waiting for the new regs.
See if you can find a local pilot to work with you
Comply when the new regs are in place.

I realize that a lot of people are not technically legal in the eyes of FAA, that is up to you. But as a long term business you will need insurance and will need to comply, I believe it is good to start now with the Section 333 exemption, rather than wait for 100,000 other to apply (currently about 3240, last count).

I have applied for the Section 333 exemption and also want to start a business. The new regulation will take a while, currently next summer is the newest estimate but that will most likely be delayed. There is a bill in the legislature that will implement many of the part of the regulation as a stopgap. The requirement for a pilots license will go away but there will be training and reporting requirements.

File for the exemption ( I have a templet that should work that I can post or send)
Build your experience and qualifications by doing some free photography waiting for the new regs.

I realize that a lot of people are not technically legal in the eyes of FAA, that is up to you. But as a long term business you will need insurance and will need to comply, I believe it is good to start now with the Section 333 exemption, rather than wait for 100,000 other to apply (currently about 3240, last count).

PLEASE send me your template.

[email protected]

Thank you.

Please send me your template as well. [email protected]

Please send the template to: [email protected]

Hello, I am also interested and would appreciate it if you sent me your template.

Thanks,
David

Your input is most appreciaated.

It sounds like you suggest telling the FAA multiple models of drones, whether I currently own them yet or not. Is that correct?

Would you also send me the template?
Thanks in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo