Reaction score

Image and specs of the new GoPro Hero 5 Black! - mirrorlessrumors
GoPRoHero5.jpg

Leaked Hero 5 manual details GoPro’s upcoming cloud service
Screen%20Shot%202016-08-19%20at%2012.37.07%20PM.png

This could be what the GoPro Hero 5 looks like
from the article:
"
As for specs from the alleged Hero 5 user manual, they were posted to Reddit by user CenturyEditor:

Camera appears to be waterproof like the Session, but no depth is stated in the manual.

USB C connector

Resolutions:

4K @ 30 fps

2.7K @ 60 fps

1440 @ 80 fps

1080 @ 120 fps

960 @ 120 fps

Various 720 modes, depending on FOV you've selected

Camera is 12 MP

RAW photo in .dng format

Voice control over basic functions ("GoPro turn on", "GoPro start video", etc)

Video stabilization: Apparently results in smoother footage when you're using it in areas of motion or vibration. Not available in 4K or fps higher than 60.

Manual Audio Control

Select one of two audio filters; recording in stereo or filter out wind noise.

Protune remains with some small tweaks

New "linear" FOV which removes the fisheye automatically

Exposure Select, allows you to select a certain area of your photo to select the correct exposure.

Colour: Allows you to see the difference between GoPro colour and Flat colour on the LCD screen, while using Protune.

New shutter selection in Protune, allowing you to choose your shutter speed

RAW Audio setting, which appears to create a separate audio track while recording video

Rear LCD Brightness is now selectable from 10% to 100% (and OFF)

The front LCD is again, NOT backlit

Dive housing sensitivity: Increases the touch display's level of sensitivity. The options are Off (default) and On. Turn this setting on when using your GoPro with Super Suit.

Not sure what Super Suit is, but looking forward to that announcement. This tells me that the camera is probably only waterproof to the same depth as the Session (10m/33ft) and it will require a "Super Suit" if you want to take it deeper than that.

GPS enabled

There's an incomplete heading in the manual called "Removable Protective Lens Info". One can only assume what that means.

There is a small mention of Karma in the manual, but it's for removing the side door of the camera for connection to the drone via HDMI cable.
"

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt Garcia
yeah, I was noticing that too.
Hero4: 41.0mm height, 59.0mm width, 29.6mm depth (from GoPro web site)
Hero5: 42.6mm, 62mm, 33.7mm (rumored- camera only,) These rumored specs don't match when compared to the Hero4.
I guess the Hero5 is slightly larger because the camera case is waterproof now?
They seem to weigh about the same (assuming the 3.2oz listed for Hero4 is wo/ battery). Hero5 is 3.1 oz.
Yes, I realize the rumored specs can change at anytime

They are close enough in size that a little diy might get it to fit in the gimbal. Hopefully the HDMI port is in the same place.

I'm currently using a Hero3+. Was interested in this to determine if I should upgrade to a Hero4 Black or wait till the Hero5.
I wonder if there will only be one version of the Hero5 instead of multiple versions like with the Hero4.

Unless they have the Hero Bus slot on the back in the same spot the size won't matter - it won't fit anyway with that large tab sticking out of the back of the gimbal meant to go in that slot. I suspect they are getting rid of the bus and will just use USB3 for external camera control, which is actually a smart move but will void a lot of current accessories (like the solo). The bus is expensive compared to USB and provides a much larger opening for water.

I also don't see a 4k/60 mode which is really only thing that interested me in the 5. And no video stabilization above 2.7k? If this is all true (may not be), I'll pass as it's not really an improvement over the H4 black. This is pretty disappointing, if all true.

you wont be able to fit this into the existing gimbal...because USB-C
I would be completely shocked if 3DR makes a new gimbal because they ditched new consumers.
I'd be curious to learn how the linear PoV works...probably still not using full sensor so custom lens still probably beetter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44