Last Solo App Update : Controller Display = meter/foot now fixed

Reaction score
Website
www.flyingfatcats.com
Anyone notice that last update did nothing as far as updating Solo or the Controller (that I could tell anyway), I saw no "update needed before flight" message. However, surprisingly when I powered up Solo then the Controller for a test flight yesterday after updating 3DR Services and the Solo App, I noticed the Controller display now displays distances in feet instead of meters! Even though I have set on the App "Imperial" the Controller always displayed meters. Thanks 3DR!

I looked yesterday and still saw meters. Am I wrong? I'll look again.

I think the only reason we have an updated solo app is to be compatible with the New FW for the ISO and Android devices..that's about it!!

I just confirmed it worked! :)

Here is what you have to do to get the display to switch on the controller:

Connect everything up, Solo, Controller, your App.

Then go into your Solo app and Settings, then select the Units menu, and and then select Metric Units. Then exit to save it.
Then come back in to the Units selection and select Imperial, exit to save it.

Since my App was already set to Imperial, I had to go to Metric and back to get it to send the change to the Controller. I'm not sure if everyone will have to do this, but it worked for me.

Violla!! The controller is now displaying Feet and not Meters! :)

Thanks for mentioning this! I'm glad they fixed it finally! It sure would have helped if they had let us know as many were waiting for this.

Note, I was using Android app version 1.1.2.6, 3DR Services version 1.4.0, Solo version 1.1.15, controller 1.1.15 (firmware 1.1.1).

Last edited:
Reactions: Earldgrayjr
I just confirmed it worked! :)

Here is what you have to do to get the display to switch on the controller:

Connect everything up, Solo, Controller, your App.

Then go into your Solo app and Settings, then select the Units menu, and and then select Metric Units. Then exit to save it.
Then come back in to the Units selection and select Imperial, exit to save it.

Since my App was already set to Imperial, I had to go to Metric and back to get it to send the change to the Controller. I'm not sure if everyone will have to do this, but it worked for me.

Violla!! The controller is now displaying Feet and not Meters! :)

Thanks for mentioning this! I'm glad they fixed it finally! It sure would have helped if they had let us know as many were waiting for this.

Note, I was using Android app version 1.1.2.6, Solo version 1.1.15, controller 1.1.15 (firmware 1.1.1).

Interesting Rich, I did not do what you mentioned, it just 'magically' came up Imperial when I installed the updated on my device, even though I've always had that setting in the APP. Great stuff eh?

Cheers

I don't know why! Perhaps something changed that caused your Controller settings to get updated?

I booted mine with the latest versions and it was still displaying Meters. Then I had to go through this procedure to get it to switch to feet. It was a pleasant surprise to see it work!

I hope someone using the IOS app can also try it to see if it also works for them. I'm sure it will once the IOS versions are caught up to those in Android.

I don't know when this started working as your post was the first one to alert me to try this.

I don't know why! Perhaps something changed that caused your Controller settings to get updated?

I booted mine with the latest versions and it was still displaying Meters. Then I had to go through this procedure to get it to switch to feet. It was a pleasant surprise to see it work!

I hope someone using the IOS app can also try it to see if it also works for them. I'm sure it will once the IOS versions are caught up to those in Android.

I don't know when this started working as your post was the first one to alert me to try this.

Interesting, I just came back from a test flight with Solo (and my first 2K video with a G4 Silver), and guess what? I had to do what you did, selected Metric -> back to Imperial and worked. Very interesting indeed. At least we have FEET now!

Cheers

I also noticed that if you connect Tower to your controller, the controller will switch back to Metric. Hopefully a software update will fix this soon.

I had to use the Solo app to switch it back to Imperial again.

Interesting, I just came back from a test flight with Solo (and my first 2K video with a G4 Silver), and guess what? I had to do what you did, selected Metric -> back to Imperial and worked. Very interesting indeed. At least we have FEET now!

Cheers
That's kinda funny.. Because I did that .. But my Controller still reads in metric .. I can't get my controller to read in Feet..?

That's kinda funny.. Because I did that .. But my Controller still reads in metric .. I can't get my controller to read in Feet..?

When you get to the App Fly screen, hit the settings and switch to Metric then back to Imperial and you should be good to go. My setup, sometimes it works without doing that - otherwise just try that method and tell us if it works for you.

Cheers

When you get to the App Fly screen, hit the settings and switch to Metric then back to Imperial and you should be good to go. My setup, sometimes it works without doing that - otherwise just try that method and tell us if it works for you.

Cheers
Thanks Chip.. I did try that in the settings but it didn't work for me for some reason..!! But I didn't spend to much time on it..!
But next time I go out flying I'll try to figure it out..

Thanks Chip.. I did try that in the settings but it didn't work for me for some reason..!! But I didn't spend to much time on it..!
But next time I go out flying I'll try to figure it out..

Mine did not work until the last software update, I believe I performed last week. The updates included 3DR Services and the Android App, It did not update the Controller, nor Solo, again - just the Android App on my LG Phone and Nexus 10 Tablet. Have you insured you have the latest updates from 3DR? Check 'Play Store' or whatever you use and verify. Good luck.

[Edit] remove the PROPS and you can perform that inside, at home - you do not need to fly Solo, nor GPS fix, et. all.

Cheers

Last edited:
Mine did not work until the last software update, I believe I performed last week. The updates included 3DR Services and the Android App, It did not update the Controller, nor Solo, again - just the Android App on my LG Phone and Nexus 10 Tablet. Have you insured you have the latest updates from 3DR? Check 'Play Store' or whatever you use and verify. Good luck.

[Edit] remove the PROPS and you can perform that inside, at home - you do not need to fly Solo, nor GPS fix, et. all.

Cheers
I have IOS..!! So will it still work..?

Thanks for mentioning that IOS is still in meters. Someone on the FB page said ios always had feet on the controller.

Last edited:
Thanks for mentioning that IOS is still in feet. Someone on the FB page said ios always had feet on the controller.
As far as I know..ISO only has feet in the app..but not on the controller...Mabe will get an update for our ISO some day to changed that...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44