Keep or sell extra Solo

Reaction score
I purchased a refurbished solo from BB last year. Recently I purchased a 2nd that came with extra batteries and gimbel, now I have 2 solo drones. Wanted to get some opinions on should I keep it or sell it.

It has some scratches on the motors, but flys great. The money would go to a Gopro 4, but should I keep it as a backup?

Thanks.

Also, how much could I get for it?

Reactions: RushMarley2112
I purchased a refurbished solo from BB last year. Recently I purchased a 2nd that came with extra batteries and gimbel, now I have 2 solo drones. Wanted to get some opinions on should I keep it or sell it.

It has some scratches on the motors, but flys great. The money would go to a Gopro 4, but should I keep it as a backup?

Thanks.

Sell it and buy my extra one. I have 2 extras I need to sell.

Keep it.
You don’t “need” a spare tire, but it sure comes in handy when you get a flat.

Reactions: Michael Lione
And check out the classified section on this forum- guy has a gopro 4 Silver. $75.
Good Deal.

Mark me down on the Keep it side.

I bought a second (new) Solo during all the liquidation craziness. My thinking was that because of the blow out and sure to come 3DR pull out of parts and support I was able to buy two Solos for half the original price of one. After that I picked up a variety of replacement parts when they were stupid cheap ($40 Gimbals, Pods, Shell Kit)

I fly a fully modded (GC/HERE/OS/Solex) Solo. Except for the V2 Shield (it shipped with the RevB) my "Backup' is out of the box stock and flys great via the Solo iOS app with my v11.4/Mini2.

The Buy/Sell Group, Amazon, eBay, Pawn Shops are bring flooded with Solos most for way more than they are worth. Prices will continue to sprial down as the many that bought really cheap and quickly got bored or move on to another bird sell out.

Think of a spare Solo as a spare tire. If you have one chances are you will never need it but as soon as you don't....BOOM you run over that nail.

Thanks.

Keep for spare parts, testing, manual flying, etc. Basically a beater drone like a beater car.

Reactions: daniel s
Thanks for all the suggestions. I might have someone that wants to buy it for $200 local. If he doesn't, i'll just keep it.

You don't want to keep it, you want the camera. Tell you what, I'll trade you a Hero 3+ for the drone package. BUT, if the solo you're wanting to part with comes with the gimbal (and works), I'll up my offer to a Hero4 Black. (My personal camera ....works great.)

You don't want to keep it, you want the camera. Tell you what, I'll trade you a Hero 3+ for the drone package. BUT, if the solo you're wanting to part with comes with the gimbal (and works), I'll up my offer to a Hero4 Black. (My personal camera ....works great.)
Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.

Drink 15-
If you sell your extra Solo, sell it to one of your friends ( one you like hanging out with )
This way you get to fly around with a bud.
OR- that pretty little barmaid at the corner pub.......

I have 2 also. One has the gimble so I treat it like a baby.. the other I stripped all the weight I could off it and fly it full acro...I have more fun with the stripped down one.. these birds will really move with no weight on them. .

I have 2 also. One has the gimble so I treat it like a baby.. the other I stripped all the weight I could off it and fly it full acro...I have more fun with the stripped down one.. these birds will really move with no weight on them. .
How stripped is it? Apart from no gimbal what else did you remove? Legs? I have an extra I want to do the same with, though it seems a better option for full acro flying is a racingquad designed for such.

How stripped is it? Apart from no gimbal what else did you remove? Legs? I have an extra I want to do the same with, though it seems a better option for full acro flying is a racingquad designed for such.
I took off gimble and gimbe plate also removed that heavy gimble hdmi cable.. cranked all settings to max.. speed. And pan.. it really moves now. .try it.. flies 20 mins

I took off gimble and gimbe plate also removed that heavy gimble hdmi cable.. cranked all settings to max.. speed. And pan.. it really moves now. .try it.. flies 20 mins
My next mod on it will be to take it apart and drill holes along the bottom sides removing even more weight...ill keep u posted...

My next mod on it will be to take it apart and drill holes along the bottom sides removing even more weight...ill keep u posted...
Do you do full Acro like flips and such like those little racing quads? If so how do you put the solo in that mode?

Thx

Dartmango said:
Do you do full Acro like flips and such like those little racing quads? If so how do you put the solo in that mode?

Thx
Go to advanced settings .be careful though some of the advanced setting u won't have gps so no return home. Before u use acro mode practice fly manual mode. .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc