Karma is done.

I may pick up a Hero 6 at the current sale price or wait and see if it gets cheaper. Reviews say it has a very good dynamic range. For other video stuff and not Solo.
Well not Solo just yet... Desperate times, desperate measures... GP pissed away mucho time not developing a gimbal back when...aerial or hand held. They need to reinvent themselves quickly. Like a changeable lens system....

I may pick up a Hero 6 at the current sale price or wait and see if it gets cheaper. Reviews say it has a very good dynamic range. For other video stuff and not Solo.
agree, been pixel peeping some of the 6 video. that new chipset aint bad at all.
and at 399, it is tempting. If I did not have a flight controller to replace

maybe the two companies can reconcile, and we'll see a new gimbal for solo? I bet they'll be more receptive to developers request about gimbals now as well.

agree, been pixel peeping some of the 6 video. that new chipset aint bad at all.
and at 399, it is tempting. If I did not have a flight controller to replace
Dynamic range has gotten good reviews. Just don't believe it is water proof without a housing. Learned that the hard way with a Hero 5 in 3 feet of water. 5 and 6 share the same battery so if I buy one I have extra batteries from the start.

Have you seen any fire sales on the GP 4 yet? It'll be interesting how GP plays out Karma the drone.

I guess the good thing that will come from this is the gimbal system. I thinks it's a great design for a first release, the interchangeable frame and stick.

GoPro could kick the nuts out of the market if they leveraged what they gained from the venture. They are playing like it is a game of checkers, when the competition is playing chess. What's the old saying, if you don't succeed try try again. What a bunch of smurfs...

We will see the Karma at bestbuy soon for $299.00

If the Karma price drops to Solo prices I'll probably pick one up. My neighbor has one and loves it.

It has $200 to go before I jump. A Hero6+Karma package currently lists at $800. The Hero6 lists at $400 on its own. So $600 would be a damn good price in my book.

maybe the two companies can reconcile, and we'll see a new gimbal for solo? I bet they'll be more receptive to developers request about gimbals now as well.
Now that Gopro is no longer making the Karma, I think they would definitely be receptive to producing a gimbal for 3DR...if the Solo were still being produced. I mean GoPro is not going to develop a new gimbal for a product (Solo) that is not even made anymore...regardless of how many existing Solos are out in the world.

Reactions: redjr16
Now that Gopro is no longer making the Karma, I think they would definitely be receptive to producing a gimbal for 3DR...if the Solo were still being produced. I mean GoPro is not going to develop a new gimbal for a product (Solo) that is not even made anymore...regardless of how many existing Solos are out in the world.
You are absolutely correct. Simply not going to happen.

It's $399 on BH Photo right now, not including gimbal ($249) or grip w/Gimbal ($299). At $299 and an extra $30 for the harness, it might be worth trying to put a GP4 on a solo. It appears Karma runs everything through the USB/HDMI (whichever one it is). Maybe someone will figure out if the control board can be adapted to solo :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig