Just got the gimbal...

Reaction score
and it is trash!!!!!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Edited because I pasted wrong link

First of all, I don't consume alcohol. Second, time is irrelevant because I drive the night shift so, for all intents and purposes it was equivalent to 2 P.M. For me.

I took the top apart so I could verify the wires were clear of the motors. Saw an improperly seated anti vibration ball and reseated it. Seemed to help a little, but not much. It just stopped tilting on its own. So, I decided to give it a chance and just do a factory reset and recalibrate everything. Didn't even make it through he reset. The controller sat for more than 30 minutes and then bricked. I can't even turn it on now. So, back to the RMA path and let them fix it.

I am NOT giving up on the Solo or 3DR. I still firmly believe that the Solo is the finest quad ever built. I have just been disappointed in the sales department and the delays on the gimbal. But, I have the utmost faith in the tech support side and the unit itself.

First of all, I don't consume alcohol. Second, time is irrelevant because I drive the night shift so, for all intents and purposes it was equivalent to 2 P.M. For me.

I took the top apart so I could verify the wires were clear of the motors. Saw an improperly seated anti vibration ball and reseated it. Seemed to help a little, but not much. It just stopped tilting on its own. So, I decided to give it a chance and just do a factory reset and recalibrate everything. Didn't even make it through he reset. The controller sat for more than 30 minutes and then bricked. I can't even turn it on now. So, back to the RMA path and let them fix it.

I am NOT giving up on the Solo or 3DR. I still firmly believe that the Solo is the finest quad ever built. I have just been disappointed in the sales department and the delays on the gimbal. But, I have the utmost faith in the tech support side and the unit itself.
Sorry Psy...was poking fun at you. I'm a non-consumer myself. Drank enough to fill a battleship when I was younger. This gimbal wait debacle puts a person on edge, almost makes a man want to take up drinking again. Hope you get it worked out.

Earlier was checking out some of Troy's videos at Atx Rc and he was having some problems as well. Initially he was going to return his Solo because of the wait his was going through with the gimbal. I think his showed up the day he was going to send Solo back.
He completely uninstalled and reinstalled the gimbal and in the process found one of the cables that was up against the yaw motor.
He has posted some very nice stable videos since the fix.

I started a factory reset. After 45 minutes, the controller still had not finished resetting. Then, it bricked. I am sending back controller, Solo and Gimbal. Will mail out tomorrow. I already have the RMA for it. They were going to refund me. I said HELL NO, I want it fixed. So, in approximately 3-4 weeks I will get a complete unit returned that has been fully tested and is RTF.

Reactions: Del

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44