Just Arrive Cant do update? Help before I return ?

Couple comments/questions

I think the controller is about perfect on the P3. Weight is ideal for me and really like the button layout.

Well I think you only gain a little with the Solo/GoPro I think it will only randomly shoot pictures while you are doing video. You don't get to push the shutter button on when.

What do you mean? USB connection to device. I have not heard of anyone having issues with connection.

I am having a hard time figuring out your needs. Seems like you want the best of the best but are happy flying a blade which even with the GoPro mod you made has to be considerably substandard to the P3.

But there is no excusing the poor service you have received.

I hear you, I do want the best of the best.. after spending almost $2300.00! And I really thought the Solo was the one... I felt the P3 controller with my Nexus 7 tablet on it was very heavy. The solo controller is much lighter than the P3. Once connected to the app and got the live view, I had like one "bar" and lost connection ( plugged in to the Nexus 7 ) happned a couple of times, no big deal. As far as the shooting of pics "while " u video at the same time the Solo will do this once you get their Gimbal! P3 was NOT capable of doing this at all , ( which was important to me ) So yes the Blade is kind of old school now but it works flawlessly compared to all the Solo and after reading all the problems here on this forum I am happy its not JUST me.. The people at 3DR should of staffed their phone lines better and had more replacement Solos to give out when they sent you DEAD ones! Simple 2 things to do when you are putting out a new product! JMO

Gotcha. Wonder why plugging in your tablet messed with your signal connectivity. That is odd.

All comes down to growing pains. 3DR messed up, they have admitted it. How the un dig from it will show what they are made of.

Gotcha. Wonder why plugging in your tablet messed with your signal connectivity. That is odd.

All comes down to growing pains. 3DR messed up, they have admitted it. How the un dig from it will show what they are made of.
They should of started with their phone lines, how do you spend over 1000$ on a drone wait 25 min on hold fopr tech support then "say they are busy" and hang the call up" LOL... They should start there! Then with their Quality control! If their product wasnt ready to ship then DONT! Seem like there are alot of issues with the SOLO! Glad mine was sent back! Dont need drama and headach after waiting weeks for the product to arrive then to get shot down! That sucked! Ill wait to see what next spring brings with them and Phantom.. Very disappointed! I really thought this was the ONE!

Ok, UPDATE: Returned the Solo top BH they put me on the top of their list to replace mine that was DOA. I saw alot of guys here on this forum got their solo's from Best Buy, I found a best buy that had ONE in stock drove 6 hours round trip .. Got home did the update in all of 6 minutes with out ANY issues what so ever.. So I decided to listen to Solo Joe and give Solo a chance! Now here is the kicker. It may of been totally MY FAULT that I was having a major issue with the 1st one! I was trying to do the 1st update and set up on my desk where I have a 27" Imac and 3 external hard drives and I remember one time I put my Blade QX3 up on my desk it wigged out! Tonight when I got home I did the set up and update on my dining room table and all went very well with out ANY issues at all! I think my computer and hard drives were interfering with the Solo connecting to the controller and NOT letting it do any update! WOW I think this was ALL my fault! Cant check it the old one went back already! So anyone doing the 1st Set up and Update do your self a favor and stay away from your computers! My dining room table was perfect! Just wanted to report back here! Charging everything up now and maiden flight will be Thursday! I am keeping my fingers crossed I get video feed from GoPro and I get GPS lock! Thanks guys! For all your replies.

LOL. Well thanks for manning up.

I hate to say it but I did mine here.....

Electronics?

In all fairness to me I would have to leave my property to get away from electronics.

g.jpg

LOL. Not as bad as one would think for all the stuff we have on.

Mine did brick. First one. The second one came with the latest firmware.

Maybe it bricked because of all the interference.. Interesting. Might be onto something here.

Ryan G

I knoow from my Blade Qx3 when I turned it on at my desk it totally wigged out, got LED colors that I never saw before and wouldnt bind or connect .. So I really thought that was the issue! When I got the new one, it updated seemlessly! Did yours come all up to date from 3DR and when you 1st turned the controller on it was totally up to date? I thought everyone that was shipped needed the 1St UPDATE..

Ok, Going to fly maiden flight today. Any sugestions before I go out and give it shot?
1st time GPS lock may take a few minutes then should be faster after that. Assign A or B to manual and be prepared to use it should the Pause or Fly button not help. Fly in a wide open area if you can, that will give you lots of room for corrections. Have Fun!!

1st time GPS lock may take a few minutes then should be faster after that. Assign A or B to manual and be prepared to use it should the Pause or Fly button not help. Fly in a wide open area if you can, that will give you lots of room for corrections. Have Fun!!
Thank you!

Ok, My thoughts.. Not as Great as I expected.. I arrived at my local field, set down the Solo, Turned on the controller, fired up the solo then my Iphone 6 app.. Then my Go Pro.. Didnt get live feed, then after turning everything on and off again got live feed! Took a long time to get GPS lock. Finally got GPS.. Hit the fly button spooled her up then hit Fly again: In the Air.. Boom ... at 49' Lost Connection to controller! Brought it closer regained connection to controller.. Took her up to 149' Lost connection again.. and again and again! Landed it.. Took GoPro off .. took off again lost connection once again! I was in a huge soccer field! No fences not nothing but grass! Then it said I need to level solo, I went to my iphone saw Tap Here to level solo , NOTHING happen when I pressed tap here! This sucked! Went to my truck happened to have my Nexus 7 tab, linked that to solo and it let me do the leveling.. Did that went to fly again took forever to get GPS again.. This is a lot of work for expensive drone! My QX3 I just FLY! Ill give it another whirl over the weekend but I think this is going back to Best Buy.. Not worth all the head ache! Or is just me?

Might be just you. LOL.

So your antennas on controller were at right angles to the aircraft? You should not be losing connection

Don't give up so easily. It's fun when it flies like it's supposed to. Give it a chance before you send it to the graveyard of unwanted toys.

Oh, and never end a sentence with a preposition, like I did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig