Is there a way to stop motors from controller?

Reaction score
So, first flight in, I clipped something and my Solo landed sideways. (Rookie mistake, I know.)
The solo was on the ground, bouncing around because the props were still spinning, and I couldn't figure out a quick way to get the motors to stop.
I ended up grabbing the Solo and detaching the battery, while avoiding broken spinning propellers.
(I realized the inconvenient location of the detach and power button)

I assume holding the Fly button will eventually cause the motors to stop. Is that the only way? Or is there another way to get the Solo to shut down quickly?

(Fortunately, I had already purchased spare props, and that was the only damage.)

-The Juggler

According to the Solo manual, if you hit the A,B & Pause buttons at the same time, this will stop the motors. I have done it numerous times on my Solo. It works and stops the motors! Hope this helps!!

Reactions: CirrusPilot
It sure does. Thank you! I hope not to recreate a situation where I need it, but good to know it's possible.

The above mentioned sequence does work. I've practiced it many times while solo was on the ground and the props spinning.

The A B and pause works for mine as well as holding the throttle down after you takeoff and come back down. I had one tip from gps glitch landing and held throttle down and it stopped in maybe 2 seconds and also used a+b+pause the other day with success but this was before I even took off so can't say it will for sure work in your situation. Holding throttle down worked fine for me in a similar scenario though, just pushed and held left stick down unless it auto stopped when my blades got pinned but seems most people's haven't been. I'd try to make sure for ya but hope not to be in this situation again, I'm just glad they stopped and didn't burn up like I've seen some post. Good luck

Holding the throttle down will only stop the motors if the craft has landed and is on the ground. In many crashes, holding the throttle down doesn't register. ABPause stops the motors regardless...

Holding the throttle down will only stop the motors if the craft has landed and is on the ground. In many crashes, holding the throttle down doesn't register. A B Pause stops the motors regardless...
if the solo was in the air and you held a b pause buttons would this kill the motors and than the solo would fall to the ground?

Pretty sure it will Dirby. Not something that's easy to do accidentally though.

Pretty sure it will Dirby. Not something that's easy to do accidentally though.
wonder if this would work if you were to get into a flyaway situation.
or maby a gps failure.

It will work only if the Solo is still in comm range.

Also you have to hold the A+B+Pause buttons for a couple seconds to kill motors.

These work in flight too!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig