iPhone/iPad controller question

Reaction score
Hi all. First post, new to forum. Been around quads and hex's for a few years. Recently sold my Discovery Pro. Very interested in the solo. Read through the manual yesterday and a whole bunch of threads here. Watched a ton of videos. Only thing holding me back at the moment is funds (getting married next year and most of my extra money going towards that).

With that said, only question I'm not sure of, and if it's in the manual, I missed it.

How does the iPhone/iPad connect to the controller? Is it a wired connection, wifi or blue tooth. On the "follow me" video it looks as his iPhone is wired in. But in photos and other videos I've seen, I seen no wires.

Thanks for the replies.

Jeff

You need to download the solo app from the App Store ( guessing your on an OSX device since you mentioned iPad and iPhone) and you connect to the solo and controller via wifi

As far as extra funds going towards your wedding are concerned, two words-Las Vegas.

Maybe related question. Thought of this as I was ready the replies. So I apologize if this is covered in the forums already.

Can a small laptop, running the mission planner software (or whatever the name of the 3dr recommended software is) connect via wifi to the controller, and upload a waypoint mission to solo?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks